Wednesday 18 February 2015

New Girl on the Blog - London Calling


As you may have been able to tell from recent posts, Rachel has jetted off to sunnier climes and so I (Laura, how do you do?) am stepping in to fill what I can only assume is a gaping hole left in the blogosphere.





(Blurry proof of my actually knowing Baechel and not hacking in to live my dreams of being a beauty blogger)





I can't be too jealous of Rachel's adventurings however, as tomorrow I am train-ing it down to the Big Smoke to spend a long weekend wearing leather skirts and pretending to be Kate Moss. So, with this theme in mind, I have compiled a playlist which reminds me of the one and only London town. While there are whole albums which remind me of city livin' (Eliza Doolittle's self-named debut, Noisettes' Wild Young Hearts, David Bowie's Hunky Dory) I made a rule to only include one song from each artist. So, for your listening pleasure......


                                          

Eliza Doolitle | Rollerblades
The Kinks | Denmark Street
The Libertines | What Became of the Likely Lads?
The Jam | Going Underground
The Moons | Chinese Whispers
Blondie | Die Young, Stay Pretty
Noisettes | 24 Hours
Primal Scream | Rocks
The Zutons | Valerie
David Bowie | Oh, You Pretty Things
The Smiths | Shoplifters of the World Unite
The Undertones | Male Model
The Vaccines | All In White

 And the bonus track of the namesake's London Calling by The Clash because ever since it was used for the 2012 Olympic Games I do feel incredibly fond of Britain whenever I hear it.

What are your favourite London-esque tunes?




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik