Thursday 12 February 2015

Travel Trilogy Part 3- Holiday Beauty!

Hey folks, it's time for the final part of my Travel Trilogy and today's post is all about the beauty products I find save my life on holiday. 40 degree heat is hardly brilliant for wearing heavy make-up but I still need a few bits and pieces to tide me over and stop myself from scaring any of the people I'm travelling with with my bare face!

1. Conceal (Don't feel, don't let it show..)


I find foundation a little too much in any kind of heat and you want to try and avoid having products on your face that stop your skin from getting the benefits of the sun, however concealer is still an essential for me and helps to bridge the gap between bare face and full face of make-up. I rave about the Collection concealer on a nearly weekly basis on this blog but it really is my favourite, I use shade 3 which is normally a touch too dark for me but whilst I gradually start to tan I should still be able to stick to the one product!

2. Define the brows


I'm renowned for having quite thick, pronounce brows in day to day life and if I suddenly stop applying that, my face changes completely- so it's near essential for me to keep doing this. I should really get my brows tinted before a holiday like this but until then, sweeping a brow tint product like this Model's Co More Brows through my bushy brows will have to do me!

3. Bold Lips


I'm always a fan of a bold lip but especially on holiday, particularly if you can find a product with an SPF. I have an old nivea lipgloss type thing that I use over any lipsticks to ensure my lips don't burn, but I adore using lip stains like this Rimmel Provocalips, which won't budge even if you decide to go for a little swim! Make sure you have a make-up remover with you if you do decide to go for a product like that though!

4.  Suncream


Sun lotion isn't given the credit it deserves on a day to day basis, not only is this stuff essential for ensuring your skin doesn't burn, which can be horrific, but it also works as an amazing moisturiser and is proven to keep your skin looking younger for longer, meaning that 40 year old you will thank you for putting up with the slightly greasy feel!

5. Liner


I feel like if you are going to want to look like you have a full face of make-up on, even whilst on holiday, you only need to do a few things, conceal, define your brows and lips, and then sweep a simple line of black gel liner over your eyelids. This one I have from Maybelline isn't strictly waterproof but it has great staying power and stops my eyes from looking tiny!

There we go, please do let me know about any of your beauty essentials for going on holiday down below and I'll see you guys again soon. However for the next week I'm actually giving my blog over to my friend Laura to blog for you, but more on that on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik