Sunday 1 February 2015

January Round-Up!

Morning everyone, today's post is the first of my 'Round-Up' series, where I walk you guys through the highlights of my month. January is a notoriously shoddy month and even though I have felt like this month has dragged, I've had a lovely lovely time and I have a few things to talk about. I'm really looking forward to writing these posts so let's get going!


The first main event that kicked January off was New Years, which I spent with a group of friends at a one of their houses for a big house party for all age groups. It was truly lovely and I didn't get home till after 4am, which demonstrates how much we were enjoying ourselves! It was also a great excuse for a slightly blurry selfie (like I need an excuse.)


The first couple of weeks of the year were fairly uneventful as I returned to school after exams and settled into study leave, which was hard at times as the weather was unseasonably bright and sunny, even if the temperature didn't get much higher than 5 degrees!


I've also been continuing my shifts at one of my local cafes which has been a little slow this month, but it's all made better when the view is as beautiful as this on my walk to work!


As a 'end of study leave' celebration, several of my friends and I went for breakfast at Reids, a cafe in the centre of Perth. As you can see, they did an excellent job and I can honestly say that nothing beats tea and pancakes with friends on a sunny Sunday morning!


Continuing the theme of food with friends, we all met on the last evening of study leave to have a 'fajita party' at my friend Beth's house- which was so lovely, and featured a LOT of laughing. I took my camera which gave me the excuse to take pictures on the way home that looked as silly as this! 


The last event of this month was also the final fundraising event we'll do for our school trip to South Africa (which I leave for in less than a week,) a ceilidh at one of our local hotels. It was a lovely evening with lots of true Scottish-ness and Highland dancing galore. Perfect, and a wonderful way to cap off a year of raising money that's seen us raise in excess of £6000! 

There we have it, not the most interesting month I'll ever have but a really lovely time none-the-less. I love the idea of these posts as it will remind me at the end of the year of my highlights. I like to think of them as a digital version of those jars that all the girls on Tumblr seem to have, where you put all your favourite memories into a mason jar? Regardless, here's to a not so rubbish January and roll on February! Have a lovely rest of your weekend and I'll see you on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik