Wednesday 12 March 2014

Goodreads and other new discoveries!

Hey folks! I hope you are all having a wonderful week and enjoying the sunnier weather, I've actually had to dig my sunglasses out in preparation for the weekend. Maybe I'm being a little too hopeful? Regardless, I have started using the App for Goodreads this week and wanting to tell you guys about it. I realise that this is not a new invention by any means but it is incredibly useful! 


As many of you will know Goodreads (linked here) is essentially a database for just about every book in existence, there is a plot summary, a little bit of background information, and reviews for all the books and also the capacity to rate the books, read excerpts, see quotes and much much more.


Now this is all very cool, and extremely useful (especially the plot summary's for when you are too lazy to type up descriptions of the books you're reviewing [GUILTY]) but there is also the option to create an account and get personal. You are given virtual 'bookshelves' that include 'read' 'currently reading' and 'want to read' as well as a shelf for 'owned books.' You can view other people's and see what people in your 'communities' are reading too. 

The coolest part of this is that the app is even better, it's free from the appstore and includes everything above with the added ability to scan your books into the database, all you do is hold your phone camera over the barcode of a book and bam, you're sorted. 


In terms of other cool things I've discovered this week, there is a video of 20 strangers meeting and kissing for the first time that has gone viral this week. Linked here, it is well worth a watch! Also, while I am not a fan of Iggy Azalea, her new video for her song 'Fancy' (a parody/recreation of the hit movie Clueless) is absolutely amazing, down to the braces on Dionne's boyfriend's teeth, it is a perfect recreation. Really, really made me chuckle. I'll link it here.


That's all I have to share with you guys just now, but I'll be back soon. Until then, feel free to check out my Goodreads profile here, have a wonderful week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik