Friday 25 July 2014

SUMMER BEAUTY ESSENTIALS

Hello folks, I hope you're all having a lovely summer, it's like a billion degrees here in Perth so I've retreated to my bedroom to write this blog post for you. 
This summer has proven that I am definitely a Winter person. With the warm weather comes a whole armada of beauty issues, from frizzy hair to the age-old problem of sweating your makeup off. However, I do have a few products that I've been using this summer to attempt to keep myself looking 'normal.' 

I'm from Scotland, so it shouldn't shock any of you that I am not exactly 'beautifully bronzed' naturally, and whilst these past few weeks have given me a natural tan, it is mainly limited to my shoulders and chest, and not my pins. This stuff is great, I love the St Moriz mousse for actual fake tanning, but this is great for gradual tanning. I'm not sure if it matches up to my Garnier Summer Kissed-Look Lotion though! 

I definitely enjoy wearing a lighter foundation in Summer, but the Happy Light foundation still offers excellent coverage, which is essential for me! I'm actually really enjoying using this at the moment and it applies beautifully with both a brush and your fingers. I had some skin 'issues' earlier in the month (not caused by the product!!) and this did an excelllent job of keeping me looking alive and well!

This product was an absolute life-saver when I returned from T in the Park with some seriously burnt arms and shoulders. It's cooling and super moisturising and I can only heap praise on it, especially since it soaks in fast and doesn't leave you greasy. For £3, what more can a girl ask for?

As I mentioned, my skin really wasn't doing well earlier in the month (without going into too much detail, my chin turned into a small mountain range) and this product was the only thing that cleared it up. I would warn you that it's definitely not a gentle product, and if you have sensitive skin I would give this a wide berth as you can really feel the alcohol in the cleanser, and it feels far more like a toner to me than a cleanser. But as I said, a wonder product for truly attacking spots and red patches!

This one is relatively self-explanatory, but I've been enjoying this deodorant a lot these past few weeks, and it's very cheap considering it's a huge can. Definitely getting repurchased.

I got this bronzer in last months Glossybox but I haven't actually been using it for bronzing as such, as you can probably see- this is extremely glittery, and since I use my Bourjois Soleil bronzer as a contour, this has come in far handier as a highlight than as a bronzer. I won't be repurchasing it (although this is definitely going to last me age) but it's working wonderfully as a highlight for me just now!

Before I ((finally)) got my hair cut last week, it had been nigh-on 18 months since I'd last traipsed to the hairdressers, which I know, I know, is awful- however this product kept the ends of my hair looking acceptable for that entire time, which was a huge help to say the least. It is extremely 'greasy' so you only need a tiny amount, which means this has lasted me ages!

As I mentioned before, I prefer a slightly lighter foundation in Summer, so this concealer does the majority of the leg work in terms of covering up the 'danger areas'. Everybody raves about this product, and as you can see- mine is well loved!

 Rihanna and Mac 'Her Cocoa' Pallete (RRP $44.00)
One of my favourite hi-end products, these eyeshadows aren't the best I've ever tried, but for the summer they make for a beautifully light version of a smokey eye- whenever I've been dressing up or making an effort, this is what I put on my eyes! Love it.

There you have it, my essentials for looking good this Summer- I have a few more posts for you this week but until next time, enjoy the weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik