Sunday 14 June 2015

#PromPicks : Accessories

Evening all, it's time for the third and final post in my #PromPicks series, and today I have a little look at all my favourite accessories for you guys to use as inspiration for prom, a wedding or any kind of fancy event you may be lucky enough to attend! Since the word 'accessories' is a little broad, I've narrowed my choices down to three pieces of jewellery, three bags and three pairs of shoes for you all, and have tried to choose a budget, bargain and splurge choice price wise, ranging from £2 to £100. So without any further ado, let's have a nosey at my favourites!

Jewellery 

Budget : Gold Leaf Drop Earrings

I still haven't a clue what I'm going to do about my hair for prom, but if I were to put my hair up I feel like some gorgeous drop earrings, similar to these ones above. The gold leaf is fairly basic and would be unlikely to distract from an outfit, but equally the metal would likely catch the light and make these earrings look far more expensive than their £2 price tag.

Bargain: Topshop Coin and Chain Necklace 
If you're planning on wearing a dress with a ton of embellishment or a high neckline, then a statement necklace is definitely not the way to go but this kind of necklace would look absolutely stunning with a v-necked or sweetheart neckline-d dress, and would instantly glam up any kind of look, and it is fairly good value at only £20. The only downfall would be that you are likely to whip either yourself or your prom date at least once during the slow dances. Be warned.

Splurge: Thomas Sabo Karma Beads Bracelet 
This is definitely a splurge, with this stunning Thomas Sabo bracelet coming in at £116, however that is in line with these types of bracelets, along with four gorgeous charms so it's not unreasonable. This would perhaps be a lovely gift from maybe your parents or a significant other before a big event, or could make a nice birthday present if you are planning in advance. This is definitely my favourite Thomas Sabo bracelet, but there are loads of varying sizes, colours and styles to suit whatever you're wearing! 

Bags

Budget : New Look Purple Gathered Clutch Bag
If I were going for a truly cheap bag in the UK, I'd likely head to Primark as they always have some great buys- however, New Look is probably the next best shout, and they can be equally great value, particularly if your item is in the sale, like this lovely like blue/purple clutch, which is only £6. The metal trim is classy and makes it look pricey, and the choice to use the slim gold chain as a handle is extra handy, plus this is just the right size for your lippie, phone and purse!

Budget : Love Weave Black Embellished Clutch
My second choice, this black clutch from Love Weave, a brand sold by T K Maxx, is much more versatile in that black suits nearly every shade, and the combination of silver and gold embellishment means it will likely match whatever jewellery shade you choose! Considering the quality of the metal box and the jewels that make us the clutch, I don't think its £14 price tag is anything other than a bargain! 

Splurge : River Island Silver Mirror Stone Clutch 
This isn't a huge splurge, with this clutch coming in at £35 from RI, however I think it looks like it could be worth 5 times that easier, the silver stone work and chain would look amazing with a nude dress, and despite being flashy- it is fairly plain, and therefore wouldn't necessarily mean you had to limit your jewellery or wear a plain dress. This is also a fairly small bag, meaning it will detract from your outfit even less!

Shoes 

These are very, very basic but for prom you are likely to be wearing a full length dress, and in my opinion these are still beautiful shoes- the simplicity won't take away from your dress, white always gives the skin a more healthier look, and you are free to experiment with nail polish, jewellery and bags as you please. Not bad for £17.99!  

 These are an extremely similar pair of shoes to the ones above, but as they are made by Carvela, they come in at over double the price, £40. A classic example of paying for the label, however when it comes to shoes, I often find that the most expensive options are comfier, better made and will last longer, so consider this pair an investment. 

In all honesty, the only reason I am not wearing these shoes to prom is that I don't think for one second that I'd manage a full evening of photo posing and Scottish country dancing in shoes with that slim a heel. One slip in the champagne drinking and I'd be faced with a broken ankle. However, many of you will have a more refined skill of walking in heels and will no doubt adore these, a beautiful colour with enough embellishment to look gorgeous without distracting from the rest of your outfit, well worth their £65 price tag!

There we go, my (rather length) prom accessories choices, I adore all of these picks and think I've represented a fairly wide range of prices and choices, with the cheapest combination coming in at £26 for jewellery, bag and shoes, keeping a possible outfit at well, well under £100. Equally, if you wanted to splash out, there is a £220 combination too. Whatever you choose, I'm sure all you ladies will look absolutely stunning at your big events, so until next time- have a lovely week!









2 comments:

  1. nice luxury sandals, tell me the expected prices ??
    costume leather jackets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gambling in the United States - Dr.MD
    The United States of America (AG) has a monopoly on the number of 속초 출장안마 online gambling 수원 출장안마 machines in 군포 출장안마 The state of Nevada regulates gambling. The 진주 출장샵 state of 영주 출장안마 Nevada

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik