Wednesday 16 July 2014

UNBOXING; July 2014 Glossybox!

Hey folks! I received my July Glossybox last Monday and I'm relatively happy with this months products! Due to the 4th of July celebrations taking place across the US at the start of this month, Glossybox honoured the countries finest products with an American themed box. Let's take a look at it;


This months box came in a really cool stars and stripes design, in the classic American red, white and blue. This is a bonus in itself as I'll definitely be using these boxes as make-up storage in the future!


As per usual there was an instruction/information leaflet inside!


Underneath the wrapping paper were 5 full size products! That's one more than last month, but the products I received this month were cheaper, so I imagine price wise it works out similarly!

ABSOLUTE New York- Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer (£2.91)
Glossybox says; 'This oil free, ultra-creamy formula evens skin tone around the eye area and keeps eyeshadow crease-free and colour-true for a lasting look.'
I say; I haven't had an opportunity to try this yet as I've been working the past few days and haven't bothered with eyeshadow, but primer for my eyes is actually something I've been wanting to try for a long time so this was a great inclusion!

 Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd- Mineral Lipstick (£20)
Glossybox says; 'This cult American favourite is formulated with natural waxes. mineral pigments and antioxidants including Vit C and E, providing long lasting colour and protection against the sun.
I say; As you'll see in the swatch below, I recieved the bright orange shade of this lipstick (Manderina,) which I imagine would have been an unpopular choice for most people, but I actually like orange lippy, and since I'm a huge lip product junkie, I have a gloss to pair this with (Loreal's 'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in Tangerine Sonate.)

Color Club Nail Polish- Glossy Seal (£4.67)
Glossybox says; 'Color Club nail polish is proudly made in New York with only non-toxic, cruelty free ingredients. The shade Glossy Seal has been especially formulated for your July Glossybox.
I say; Before my lipstick obsession, I was a nail polish girl, and I never turn down a good polish- this looks very opaque and high quality as far as I can tell!

NYC Cream to Powder Blush- Never Sleeping Pink (£2.99)
Glossybox says; Discover NYC's magical wand that will wake up tired skin in 2 easy strokes.
I say; I'm always very wary of bright cheek products, especially since Benefit's Benetint (a much renowned product) makes me look like a china doll no matter how much I blend. However, from what I've seen in the past two days, this is very wearable, and it's easy enough to dab a little powder over the top if you go on a little heavy handed. I love NYC nail polish too and it was my first proper make-up brand.

 Carmex Lip Balm (£2.69)
 Glossybox says; Loved by celebrities and makeup artists the world over, Carmex is the original lip blam and the only way to soothe dry, chapped lips. With menthol, camphor and beeswax, lips are nourished, conditioned, and protected from the elements all year round. You need this staple in your bag!
I say; who doesn't love Carmex? I already have both the pot and the tube version, but this is a welcome addition to my makeup bag- even if I do prefer the cherry flavour. 


Above I have swatches of the blush, lipstick and primer (from left to right)!

Price paid- £10+£3.25 P+P = £13.25
Box Value = £33.26
Saving= £20.01

Perhaps not as good as last month, but definitely no wasted products. I did see someone else with a Tarte mascara, which would have been amazing- but beggars can't be choosers! Until next time, have a lovely week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik