Thursday 4 July 2013

Summer Plans!

Hello everybody! Hope you've had a good week, and if you haven't then at least it's Friday tomorrow. This post is a little late as I have spent the past few day in London and couldn't find the motivation to write. However the train back is proving to be an excellent writing ground so here we go. This weeks lifestyle post is going to be about how I plan on spending my summer, every single year I plan to do 101 different things during the six weeks I have off, but by the time first week of school rolls around I have only succeeded in gaining a stone in junk food weight and having watching 40 seasons of TV shows. Oops. 

This year however, I am determined to be different and complete at least a few (little) summers 'resolutions.' The weather in Scotland isn't exactly balmy and I don't have access to hundreds of pounds of 'rainy day' money so these will hopefully be things that you can all do/attempt to do. 

The first thing I aim to do is to start walking more, I don't mean like walking into town or to a friends house, I mean walking for the sheer pleasure of walking. I am lucky enough to live near miles of countryside and unexplored fields, back roads and woodland. I really don't have any excuse as to why I haven't started going for walks, as I quite enjoy the pleasure of my own company from time to time and I have a well stocked iPhone full of music for me to listen to as I stroll. 

Kinnoull Hill, a short walk from my home!
Secondly, I want to write something, as I run a book blog you've probably (hopefully) all grasped that I enjoy reading. There is nothing I'd love more than to be a published writer and while I'm no J K Rowling, I at least want to start writing/typing some concept ideas for short stories. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be sitting in a vast mansion bought with the profits from my best selling series of books. Or maybe not... 



One of my lifelong dreams (seriously, I've wanted to learn since I was about 3) is to learn to play guitar. Now, both my horrendous singing voice and my failed attempt to learn violin as a pre-teen may not scream 'future Jimmy Hendrix' but I love music more than anything else, even books, and to be able to pluck out something that vaguely sounds like music would make me extremely extremely happy. So perhaps this is the year I finally get my act together and start learning. 


Finally, and fittingly considering this is, first and foremost, a book blog, I aim to read 25 books over the next 6 weeks. They might not all be classic literacy novels but 25 books is the number I'm aiming for by August 13th before I go back to school. I have already read (okay, listened too, but audiobooks count) Delirium by Lauren Oliver and have started One Day by David Nicholls so that's potentially 2. I know I need to start reading more if I want to get 24 more in in the next 5 weeks. I suppose there are worse ways to spend my time! 



If any of you guys have 'summer resolutions' then feel free to leave them the comments, or even if you have any tips for motivating me with MY resolutions (especially guitar playing!!) then leave a comment too! I hope you all have a good few days and I plan on updating with a review of Delirium on Saturday or Sunday, so I'll see you then! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik