Thursday 18 July 2013

Summer Products!

Hello everybody! For this week's non-book related post, I've decided to outline some of my favourite summer products. It goes without saying that 'a good book' would be on this list, so I've decided not to include books in general. I'll post a review of some more that I've read this week on Saturday. 

1. Skincare: Natural Tan

Garnier's Summer Body Sun-Kissed Look. You can get this from Superdrug.
My natural skin colour is far from tanned and although, once in the sun, I do tan quite easily, I tend to not get enough sun to be brown without any help. To help with this particular issue I've been using a gradual moisturizing tan. The one I have (pictured above) is one of my favourite all time 'fake' tan products. You get a natural colour after only a couple of days and because it's a moisturizer you don't get streaky. It leaves your skin smelling of apricots too! I have seen a few people reporting that they had a bad reaction to this, I have been fine but if you have a history of sensitive skin then test it out first!

2. Drink: Peach Sparkling Water

I really really don't like drinking normal water unless I'm really thirsty or during a workout or gym session, but I equally don't like the taste of plain sparkling water. Despite this, I am completely addicted to most kinds of flavoured sparkling water, especially peach. It's a great alternative to a soda or 'fizzy drink' and it's way healthier too! 

3. Food: Ice-cream 

I was momentarily considering picking some form of fruit or other health food to talk about but, I don't eat particularly healthily so why lie? In the heat, there is nothing better than ice-cream. There's a local shop called Janetta's in my town which does amazing ice-cream but Ben and Jerry's is my favourite. Who doesn't love cookie dough? Just a shame it's so expensive! (Probably a good thing for my dress size however!) 

4. Leisure: iPhone 

Really, all year round, there is nothing I use more than my phone. Only my laptop comes close. I write the text parts of my blogs on the go as a note, all my music is on my phone, as well as the few apps I use regularly. I update Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and Blogger from it and I almost always have it with me. No contest. 

5. Clothing: Playsuits

One of the (many) playsuits I want to buy. Get it here.
My main problem with summer clothes (other than the whole 'only looks good on size 6's' thing) is that I'm really really short. I'm barely pushing 5 foot at the moment so things like shorts and dresses either come down past my knees or are only half way down my ass. So I've been wearing a couple of playsuits this summer, they were very 'on trend' a couple of years ago but they're comfy and cover you up enough to be flattering. I just hope the weather stays nice for long enough so that I can wear them some more! 

As I said earlier, I plan to post a review of another 3, or maybe 4 books by Sunday so I'll see you guys then! Enjoy your week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik