Tuesday 12 November 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Series


Hello everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful week, my TTT post of this week is my updated Top Ten Book series. This actually took a lot of debating but I think I'm sure about all my choices!


> Mercy Falls
An old favourite but the only book series where the main couple genuinely seem relatively normal (except ones a wolf and all that but y'know..) and the plot lines are top notch. But yes, mainly for Sam and Grace being a normal teenage couple!

> Divergent
You guys already know how much I love this series, I'm not even discussing Allegiant right now due to emotional trauma but I will do a review once I've stopped sobbing inside. 

> Chaos Walking
I finished the final book in this series over the holidays and it has completely cemented these books being in my top 5 favourite series, a really incredibly clever plot line. Unlike anything else I've ever read.

> Delirium
This is kind of cheating because I've only read the first two books but another great YA series overall. Really like Lauren Oliver's take on the dystopian future as well.

> Hunger Games
An obvious choice, the HG has shot straight to the top of the YA market and is fast becomming the new Harry Potter in terms of public popularity. Cannot wait for Catching Fire!

> Twilight
I find it hard to admit this, I loved the books at the time but the films, and more importantly the fans, have kind of ruined this franchise for me. The plotline themselves isn't bad though and I cannot deny being obsessed with the books as a younger child. 

> Harry Potter
The be all and end all of books in my humble opinion. No more needs to be said.

> Vampire Academy
A new favourite, recommended by my best friend, need to read more to be sure but so far they've been great. Rose is pretty damn kickass, and I can't wait for the film to be released!
> The Mortal Instruments

My (not including Potter) favourite book series. The film was a bit of a let down despite the wonderful casting, but the books remain amazing. Cassandra Clare is yet to disappoint me!

> The Maximum Ride Series
Maximum Ride, the heroine of the series, is possibly my favourite female character of all time, tied with Hermione Grainger, James Patterson has written a really clever series that actually have morals about animal testing, human nature and the way we treat the environment along with a completely wonderful group of teenage mutant birds. It's honestly not as crazy at it sounds..


Please do comment below with your opinions or suggestions as well as any blog post ideas for me! I have to admit that the Stormbreaker/Alex Rider series, as well as the Artemis Fowl books, were very very close to making the revised list but I am happy with my eventual choices.  Don't forget to +1 and tweet this post if you enjoyed it too! Until next time, have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik