Tuesday 2 September 2014

August Favourites!

Hey guys! I've finally got a chance to sit down and write up my Favourites post of the month! This has been a great month in my eyes, despite heading back to school, and I cannot wait for September now. We're fast approaching my most loved time of year, with Winter JUST around the corner. Until then, have a look at what I've been loving this month!

L'oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Summer Glow Lotion (not available)
I'm a big fan of the Garnier Apricot tanning lotion, but I actually nabbed this off my Mum in July, when I still had a tan from T in the Park and the good weather in general, but this month I've been needing this an awful lot more. In general, you avoid the 'fake tan' smell, and you can definitely see the difference in just a couple of days! It's been discontinued but I've linked a similar product here x.

I've become a bit of a convert to Mac Lipsticks in the past few months, and this is by far my favourite, I have been wearing this loads this month, and the colour is brilliant. The formula is long wearing and creamy and I think I have definitely found my new favourite pink/red lipstick!

I remember when the foundation version of this product came out and it got absolutely panned, and that totally put me off the idea of these sponge-topped concealers. However I'd seen a lot of people loving this lately and I caved and bought it. As you can see, I've used like a third of it already and it's honestly my new favourite product. Even though the sponge function is a bit 'ew', as long as it's just you using it, who cares? LOVE this.

I've mentioned before how much I love this, but it honestly is my new favourite foundation. I apply it with a brush in circular motions and my skin has rarely looked better. The shade range is great and the glass bottle with plastic pump is the best kind of foundation bottle. Again, I cannot recommend this enough!

 Krolyan Highlighter (not available)
I got this product in last months Glossybox, which I did an Unboxing for here x. and I love it, although in this picture it looks a little like the Benefit Bo-ing Concealers, it is in fact a gorgeously creamy and shiny highlighter. This leaves my skin looking dewy but not sweaty, and I use it on my cheekbones, cupids bow, brow bones, and down my nose. It also makes a great inner eye highlight!

 Elizabeth Arden Nail Polish in Candy Apple (not available)
This nail polish is a clear sign of my movement into Autumn trends, this is Christmas personified in a nail polish. The glitter looks intense in the bottle but is subtle on the nail and gives a top-coat like shine across the nail. I think Mulled Wine is a far more apt name than Candy Apple. Long wearing, shiny, and quite a posh little polish. What's not to love?

Here are swatches of (from left to right) the highlighter, concealer and foundation!


There you have it, my monthly favourites. I've had a great August and I hope you all have too! Feel free to comment some of your favourites down below too. Until next time, have a lovely week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik