Friday 26 September 2014

Evening Routine!

Hey guys! I hope you've all had a lovely week, and a nice weekend planned. I thought I'd show you what I usually do in the evening and what products I use, for this weeks post! This is going to be long, so let's get down to it!


I have music on in my room pretty much constantly, but particuarly when I get home from school or a day out. I love just lounging on my bed for a while before actually getting stuff done. I'm adoring the new Catfish and the Bottlemen album right now, and there will definitely be a couple of songs from it in my Monthly Music Favourites!


Time to shower and remove my makeup, the picture above is a little overview of the products I use, before I go into detail about them all!


First off, makeup removal. I use the Garnier micellar water on a face wipe, and run that all over my face. I think this stuff works so well, and although there's a lot of debate over how good face wipes are for your skin, I like these ones from St Ives a lot!


Now into the shower. I was having a 'hair pampering' evening last night so I cracked out some of the products I'd received in recent Glossyboxes as well as my favourite shampoo/conditioner. The Elasticizer is applied to damp hair pre-shampoo and sits on the ends for 10 minutes. The product was developed for Audrey Hepburn I believe and it works wonders on my hair, leaves it so conditoned and smooth!


I actually apply the hair mask I'm about to tell you about between these two products, but I took a picture of them together so I'll talk about them first. I'm trialling the 'Glad Hair Day' shampoo from Soap and Glory and loving it, and the Herbal Essences 'blue' conditioner has always been a favourite of mine. It's worth noting that the shampoo version of the HE's does make my roots really greasy, which I find really interesting. The conditioner however, is fab!


 As I mentioned, pre-conditioner I applied a generous dollop of Mythic Oil hair masque from L'Oreal to the ends of my hair and let that sit for another 5 minutes. I'm really noticing today how shiny and easy to work with my hair is! 


Now that I'm out of the shower, I use a cotton pad to wipe the Neutrogene Blackhead Eliminating Cleansing Lotion all over my face, especially problem areas like my chin. This stuff is majorly alcoholic so you do really have to watch for your eyes and I would NOT recommend this if you have sensitive skin, I'm convinced it literally burns the blackheads away! This is more of a toner than a lotion!


I finish up with two products that are a little bit softer on the skin, Simple are arguably the best 'drugstore' skincare brand, and there moisturiser is renowned, but I also love there cleansing lotion. Both of these are very creamy and skin easily into your skin!


 Post shower and skincare, time to brush my teeth. This is fairly obvious and (I hope) self-explanatory. 


 Before I put my PJ's on, I moisturise with a thick lotion, like this Soap and Glory 'smoothie', which smells 100% like baked cookies. I'm not kidding, it's the best thing in the world. This is a truly massive bottle too, so it will last me forever! 

Post moisturising, the only way to go is jammies. I challenge anyone to find me a better feeling than pulling on a pair of comfy PJs at the end of a long day. I love these bird print wool PJ bottoms from Primark!


Time for bed. I'm currently reading Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith, which is really fab. I haven't read a thriller in a while so this is great! Will definitely review it when I'm finished! Add a cup of tea and some more laptop time, and I'm ready for sleep!

There you have it, my evening routine! If you'd like to see specific reviews of any of these products then tell me below, but until next time- have a good Friday night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik