Monday 22 September 2014

NEW RIMMEL APOCALIPS

Hey guys! I hope you've had a nice weekend and that your Monday hasn't been too awful! I went into Superdrug last week to chat to a friend who works there, and ended up leaving with six different products. Excellent. Two of these were Rimmel Apocalips lipstick/glosses, which I've spoken about on here before and have been one of my all time favourites forever!


Rimmel have recently released a new matte range of the Apocalips, which features five shades from a nude pink, to a very Autumnal purpley shade! Most of them have similarities to the regular range, for example- the nude pink (Apollo) is really similar to the shade Luna!


I picked up one of the original formulas in 'Across the Universe' which is a dark pinky purple, and as expected it's a beautiful formula which is super super bright on the lips. You do run the risk of having this smear slightly onto your teeth, but it's a minor risk. White tea cups and glasses beware, this stuff is bright.

Across the Universe
 The other shade I picked up was from the Matte range, in the shade Meteoric Matte. This is a really really dark, plum colour that feels a little different on the lips to the regular formula. It's still creamy, and doesn't dry your lips out, but there is a definite feeling of almost a fine 'graininess' on the lips. It's not unpleasant, but if you only apply a thin layer and allow it to go fully matte, your lips do feel a little funny. It certainly wouldn't put me off this product though, and it is almost certain to be my new Autumn favourite colour!

Meteoric Matte
Incredibly hideous photo of some swatches of the products!

I love this lip lacquers, and at only £6.99 each they are a definite bargain product. I'll be picking up some more in the future, but if you're looking for a bright lip shade, these are definitely the way to go. I'm not a nude lips kinda gal, but from what I've heard, these are definitely best for bright, out there shades!

Have a lovely week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik