Saturday 4 October 2014

October

Evening folks, as I'm sure you're all well aware, it's now October. This heralds the beginning of a three month period of joy for me, as I begin my personal 'festive' season sometime mid October. Sue me, I like festivity. 

The leaves around Perth have already begun to change and there is a definite bite of frost in the air, not to mention the rain that has fallen this week for the first time in what seems like months. I've really noticed people throwing themselves into the changing weather too, the cafe I work at has seen an exponential growth in the number of soups sold in my last few shifts and the sheer number of woollen scarves I've seen this week must be into the high hundreds.
I love the whole 'fall fashion' thing, where the population as a whole seem to collectively decide that (no matter what temperature it is) it's time to shed the shorts and sunglasses and don the woolly hats and ankle boots. I'm not complaining, I'm not built for shorts and skimpy clothes, give me an oversized jumper any day of the week (or year, for that matter.)
Perhaps the highlight of October, other than my two week holiday, is Halloween. I've already planned my costume (which I'll do a little post on closer to the time!) and the decorations for our school 'lounge' have already started their construction, with orange and black paper chains and decal pumpkins popping up left right and centre. I always wanted to live in an area where masses of children headed out onto the street at Halloween, but my area never really quite got there, despite having a really big population of kids. Perhaps this year, with the date falling on a Friday, will see more children (and us older kids of all ages) heading out onto the streets. 
I can't pretend I'm sad to see the departure of summer, I'm definitely a Winter girl, but I'm hoping that the next few months live up to my impossibly high expectations. With Halloween, Guy Fawkes night, my Birthday, and the entirety of December all to look forward too- let's hope the rest of 2014 is as amazing as I hope it will be.
Even if it sucks, at least Starbucks have started serving Pumpkin Spice Latte's again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik