Thursday 16 October 2014

Winter Lip Saviours


Hey guys, I hope you're having a lovely week. I'm currently up in Fort Augustus near Loch Ness in a tiny cottage for a week, and it's like reverting back to ancient Scotland. The signal here is horrendous so I have no idea when this will go up but hey, i figured I'd at least try! 

I've read a couple of books already this week (I always read masses when I'm away) and I'll do a little post on Fort Augustus itself- but today's post is detailing some of my favourite lip treatments and fixes. I wear a lot of lipstick and used to suffer from really hideous dry, chapped lips- so I have a fair amount of knowledge about lip products in general. With the change in the weather in the last couple of weeks I thought it would be a good idea to tell you lot about some of my favourites! 

Nivea SOS

This stuff works wonders on broken lips, and you can really feel it working as, similar to Carmex, the menthol in the product makes a tingly sensation when you apply it. Nivea have one of the best ranges of skincare on the High Street and the SOS balm is no different. My only complaint would be that the tube the product comes in tends to get 'gunked up' quite easily!


Vaseline 


I'm not going to go into too much detail since this is such an obvious choice- but I do love Vaseline. It's amazing for sorting your cuticles and even shaping your brows too!


Carmex 


Another cult product- this became popular at my school because 'it was Beyonce's favourite'. Now I've never actually confirmed whether or not she uses it, but if not- Bey needs to check this out. I personally love the cherry one but you can't beat that menthol tingle. 


Lush Popcorn Scrub 


When I mention this as a favourite I mean the product type, rather than the specific flavour. I wish I'd gone for a sweet version of this since the salt/sweet combination feels really weird when you lick it off your lips. However these sugar scrubs work so so well and are amazing for gently scrubbing all the crap you want to avoid off your lips. 


I'll be back this weekend with some more posts but until then, I hope this has been helpful for you and I hope you have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik