Thursday 11 June 2015

#PromPicks : Make-Up

Morning all, it's time for a second update in my #PromPicks series, with my focus for this blog post being on make-up looks. I have one full face look to show you, but I also have a few hints, tips and product recommendations for making your make-up last through the dancing, laughing, eating and general nonsense that prom involves. I'll start with my tips and then show you the full look in the format of my usual FOTD posts!

Prom Make-Up 101

1. Primer


I'm not usually a huge fan of primers, I feel like my skin doesn't normally need them to hold make-up in place, however I know that for others they are a holy grail that ensures your make-up doesn't end up closer to your heels than your hairdo by the end of the day! I currently use the Maybelline BabySkin Primer, which I slagged off in my Maybelline haul earlier in the month, but have since come to appreciate. However, my ultimate primer favourite is the Benefit Porefessional Primer, which has a similar silicone-like consistency to the Maybelline dupe, but leaves your skin feeling insanely soft too. The Benefit version is fairly steep, coming in at around £23, however some Boots stores now offer mini tubes of the product for an un-economical but much cheaper price of £9. 

2. Eyes vs. Lips

It's one of the cardinal rules of make-up application that you should never have a bold lip and a bold eye combination, choosing either one or the other. However, I live in bold lipstick whilst also enjoying a smokey gold eye look so often (always) I break this rule. I recognise however that for most people, it is best to stick to one or the other. Perhaps you might see the silver eye look in my FOTD below and love with, but feel it would look better paired with a nude lip, or love the bright lipstick but think you'd suit it best with only a sweep of eyeliner or a few coats of mascara. Each to their own, however you're looking for longevity, and if you're not used to wearing lots of make-up, then the most photographed evening of your high-school experience probably isn't the time to start. 

3. Practise makes Perfect


Following on from my above comment about not mixing up your make-up routine too much for prom at risk of messing up, you absolutely must practise your prom make-up before the night, there is absolutely no point in planning a gorgeous winged eye liner and then being completely unable to pull it off on the night. Maybe your gorgeous new gold eye-shadow is a fall-out disaster or your new red lipstick clashes with your dress. Practise makes perfect is a cliche, but it's also crucial to ensure you don't end up being a stressed out wreck on prom night!

#FOTD : Prom Night Silver Eyes

What I'm Wearing


Have a lovely day folks, enjoy the nice weather we've been having in the UK this week! I'll see you guys on Sunday for the final part of my #PromPicks series!












No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik