Friday 13 September 2013

FILM FRIDAY: TOP 5 DISNEY FILMS

Evening guys, I have to apologise for my complete lack of blogging this week. An inordinate amount of homework, coupled with a trip to see The Rocky Horror Show in Aberdeen, and an evening spent in school helping out, have rendered my social life obsolete. Luckily, it's now Friday, I am bathed and pj-ed and happy. Plus I have a little time to write a few long over-due blog posts for you guys, including this one- my Film Friday post for this week, of my top 5 favourite Disney films. Disney was a large part of my childhood and I still adore all of these films, I debated whether or not to include Pixar films and make this a Top 10, but then I'd be robbing myself of a possible future easy blog post, so this week is purely Disney. 

1. Tangled


My favourite film, ever. I'm not even slightly joking, with the obvious exception of the Potter films, Tangled beats every single other cinematic masterpiece, side splitting comedy, gritty thriller and general fab film to first place in my list. If you watch this film and don't fall in love with Flynn Rider just a little bit, then you're no friend of mine. The musical pieces are beautiful, with 'I See the Light' being my personal favourite. The storyline itself is an incredibly clever re-telling of the classic Rapunzel and the humour is 10/10. I have converted many to the beauty of this film and I will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

2. Beauty and the Beast


Musically, this is my favourite film here, not only did I totally empathise with Beauty's love for books, but the songs are amazing. 'Something There,' 'Tale as Old as Time' and 'Be Our Guest' as the best little songs, and the whole moral of the story is really beautiful. I think that in terms of my favourite animation, this will probably win, the scene where Beauty and Beast dance to 'Tale as Old as Time' is one of the most beautifully drawn scenes' ever. 

3. The Jungle Book


Picture the scene, a week before my maths Standard Grade exam, I am sitting in a room alone, feverishly trying to make up for the 2 years I have spent focusing on boys and friendship rather than whatever was being written on the board, when the radio starts playing 'The Bare Necessities.' Cue me dancing and singing myself into a kink of laughter and consequently ruining a day studying. I've watched the movie twice since and Mowgli's story is the cutest little thing ever, I'd like Baloo as a friend too please. 

4. The Princess and the Frog


TPATF and Tangled are the two newer films on this list, since the rest are all at least 20 years old. This film is set in Jazz-Era Lousiana so you can imagine the style of music, it's different but still undeniably brilliant. I adore this film because Tatiana is not a Princess, but she is the queen of man-management. She takes none of Prince Naveen's nonsense throughout the film and in the end, completely achieves her dream. This film actually keeps the bare bones of the original story too, which is brilliant because the frog dilemma is absolutely hilarious. I loved the other animal friends Tatiana and Naveen meet along the way too! 

5. One Hundred and One Dalmatians


OHAOD is the oldest film on this list, released in 1961, but the film style of this movie is absolutely beautiful, the scenes where they show London are brilliant but my favourite part is where Roger is looking out the window and examining the different women with their dogs. Cruella De Vil gets a special award for most manical villain, and Pongo and Perdita as just the cutest little dogs, and all of their puppies, adopted or otherwise, are possibly my favourite animated animals. Bonus points to this movie for the double love story with both Pongo and Perdita and their owners Anita and Roger. 

I really hope you enjoyed reading this, please do comment your favourite Disney films in the comment box below, and suggest any film, book or lifestyle posts you'd like me to do. I aim to have a post ready for tomorrow discussing the NEW HARRY POTTER FILMS. Because that is a cause I will be able to get very, very, VERY excited about. Until then, have a wonderful weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik