Sunday 15 September 2013

NEW POTTER, I REPEAT, NEW POTTER

Ladies and Gentlemen, if I am being perfectly honest, I never thought a day would come where I would be able to sit at my laptop and write a post about 'new' Harry Potter related content. Sure, I hoped (dreamed) and maybe mentioned it a couple of times (talked endlessly about it) but I never believed that there would come a time where I could talk about new J K Rowling written Potter content, let alone a whole new movie franchise. Let Thursday the 12th of September forever be known as the day the Potter fandom came out of the cupboard under the stairs and found their voices again. However for those of you who haven't heard enough yet, I've compiled a little factfile about the movie, which is going to feature Newt Scamander, the author of the book "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." which is mentioned multiple times in the Potter series and was released as part of a Comic Relief series by J K in the 2000's, which I talk about in this blog post. Here's all you need to know so far; 

  • "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" will be set in New York in the 1920's. 

  • The film will be set in New York, so it will be the first Potter related film set in the States. 

  • Main character Newt Scamander (author of Fantastical Beasts) went to Hogwarts.

  • "Fantastic Beasts" has a companion book called Quidditch Through the Ages 

  • The proceeds from the original book, written by J K Rowling, went to Comic Relief.

  • The published "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" book is actually more of an encyclopedia, however the copy that was released for Comic Relief also includes doodles and drawings by some of the Potter characters.

  • "Fantastic Beasts" is the start of a new "Harry Potter" film franchise, and also possibly a series, does this mean a movie for Quidditch Through the Ages or possibly even a film about Bathilda Bagshot, author of Hogwarts, A History.

  • J.K. Rowling is writing the film's screenplay, yes please, THIS IS DIRECT POTTER STRAIGHT TO YOUR SCREENS. 

  • Newt is grandfather-in-law to Luna Lovegood, Newt's grandson Rolf marries Luna, do I see a possible Lovegood appearance in this film or one of it's sequels?
Are you excited yet? I certainly am, no doubt this will be the first of dozens of posts I make about these movies, but until we have more information, I will be re-reading my copy of Fantastical Beasts in my own little corner of paradise. Rejoice my friends, there is new Potter once more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik