Tuesday 17 September 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Top 10 YA Books/Series'

Hey guys, I hope you're all having a wonderful week, for the first time in a fortnight I have actually got an on-time 'Top Ten Tuesday' post for you, as per, this particular idea is courtesy of thebrokeandthebookish! I adore YA books and, being 15, they made up the vast majority of the books I've read. There are a million and one other books which could have made this list and I've already had to jam my two favourite John Green books together to make room for just 10. 

1. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
2. The Mortal Instuments Series by Cassandra Clare
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth
4. The Fault in Our Stars/An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
5. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini 
6. Harry Potter by J K Rowling
7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chobsky
9. The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
10. As many classics as possible. ((including: Shakespeare, Austen, Bronte, Dickens and modern classics like Catch 22, The Great Gasby, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, To Kill a Mockingbird etc.)

If you agree with any of these books/have any suggestions of your own then please do comment down below, I should have a lifestyley post for you for tomorrow and a Film Friday post, however I realise that this book is becoming less and less book-related so I plan to bringing it back to my original aim soon! Until next time! 


2 comments:

  1. One of our favourite book series is the Mara Dyer trilogy, we highly recommend it, the last book comes out in a few months!


    loveand-haute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perks of Being a Wallflower is one of my favorite books of all time :) and I've added a few to my must read list (thanks for sharing).

    The book I am reading right now (that I can't stop talking about) is YA thriller "The Riddle of Prague" by author Laura DeBruce (http://theriddleofprague.com/about/). It is book one of the Quicksilver Legacy series and the "to be continued" at the end has caused me to reread the book 10x and anxiously await book 2, "The Temple of Paris." The book follows leading lady Hana Silna and her trip to Prague to reclaim her family home, "The Rockery." It seems that a lot of suspicion and mystery surround this home and a break in leads Hana to the discovery of an old notebook with a cryptic riddle and clues from an alchemist about an elixir of immortality. Hana's family in Prague are all linked to this grand experiment of immortality and it's up to Hana to figure things out. The book is a thrilling page turner that really is the complete package! Murder, mystery, romance and SO much suspense I can't recommend it enough :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik