Wednesday 4 September 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Top Ten Heroines

Hey everybody! This post is, as you can see, a day late, I actually thought I had posted it yesterday but apparently I'm more exhausted than I thought because I seem to have forgotten to do that. As per usual, I’m picking and choosing from a list by brokeandbookish.blogspot.com who are brilliant, and are also in this months ‘blogs of the month!’ Without further ado, here is my list.

Hermione Granger from 'Harry Potter' by J K Rowling
Clary Fray from 'The Mortal Instuments' by Cassandra Clare
Beatrice Prior from 'Divergent' by Veronica Roth 
Violet from 'The Chaos Walking Trilogy' by Phillip Ness
Violet Baudelaire from 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' by Lemony Snicket
Liesel Meminger from 'The Book Thief' by Marcus Zusak
Zoey Redbird from 'The House of Night' series by PC and Kristin Cast
Hazel Grace Lancaster from 'The Fault in Our Stars' by John Green
Katniss Everdeen from 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins
Lena Holoway Tiddle from 'The Delirium Trilogy' by Lauren Oliver 

I love my female heroines and I'm so glad that they are beginning to feature more and more frequently in novels, particuarly in the Young Adult genre. This is a short post as I'm pushed for time these days with school, the level of homework I'm getting this year has ballooned so I shall have to get my act together quickly. Till tomorrow, when I WILL have a music of the month update for you, have a wonderful day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik