Saturday 11 January 2014

FILM FRIDAY(Saturday, shh.): FILMS I'VE SEEN MORE THAN TEN TIMES

Hey guys, I hope you've all had a wonderful week, I realize this is in fact Saturday and not Friday, but I was at friends last night so yeah, gimme a break. I realize also that I promised a review of Saving Mr Banks this week in last weeks post, however I am going to see American Hustle tonight so I plan on doing a joint post on both of them next week. Excuses and apologies aside, here is this weeks list! 

Grease
The music, the clothes, the characters, what is not to love? This wasn't even a phase of my watching a lot this is just a film that I rarely go a whole year without re watching. I supposed I'm just Hopelessly Devoted to it.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang 
For this one and Mary Poppins I can kind of blame my sister, she went through a phase where she was obsessed with this film, and I mean watching it at least twice every single day. To be fair to her, she had good taste for a 5 year old, although the Child Catcher still creeps me out! 

Mamma Mia 
This one is my fault, I was 11 when this film first came out and I saw it 5 times in the cinema alone, god knows how I afforded it but I still adore this film, Meryl Streep is absolutely brilliant and the music is so so so so SO good, I'd watch this right now if you stuck it on the TV in front of me! 

Mary Poppins 
The other of my sister's infamous phases, she was a little younger when this was her film of choice so I can't have been much older than 8 but I still remember the constant tune of Supercalifragilisticexpalidocious going around and around in the house. Great movie though and Saving Mr Banks has made me look at it in a totally different way! 

Tangled 
This one is totally my fault, this is my favourite film outside of the Potter movies I am unashamed to say, and everything about it makes me ridiculously warm and fuzzy inside, plus apparently it's totally acceptable to be attracted to Eugene/Flynn? Right guys??? 

Home Alone
A classic, I think a lot of people will probably have seen this 10 times plus, it's on about 10 times every Christmas on Channel 5 alone, MacAuley Culkin is hilarious in it and you really can't beat the slapstick humour! 

Pitch Perfect 
The newest of all these films so I suppose the most impressive to have made this list. I watched this a lot online (not very legally) before realising that it was out in cinema, so I then went to see it another couple of times in the cinema before buying the DVD. It's brilliant, the music is amazing and I love the Simple Minds references, plus Anna Kenrick is such a cool person.

The Nightmare Before Christmas 
It does help that this film feels like it's a seasonal thing so you MUST watch it at least a couple of time before it 'goes out out season' and yet this particular film is totally acceptable from October 1st through to December 25th. Tim Burton is an absolute genius and I do think this is one of this best works, the animation is amazing and the music is brilliant. *runs to halloweentown singing this is halloween.* 

These are all great films and I seriously urge you all to check them out! I'll be back tomorrow with a book review post but until then, have a lovely day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik