Tuesday 28 April 2015

A Tale of Two Products

Morning all, I've been very absent lately on the blog, due to handing in two dissertations in the past week and resigning myself to failing my History Advanced Higher exam that I sit this Friday. I do have a review post for you today, with one really amazing product- and one terrible one. 


Both of my offerings come from Nivea, and they both come from their Daily Essentials range; the 'Extra Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover'; and the 'Soothing Cleansing Mousse.' Both are aimed at those with sensitive skin, which I don't necessarily have, but I don't enjoy using harsh chemicals on my face. 


The Eye Make-Up Remover is absolutely hopeless, to the point where I genuinely questioned if I was using it wrong. Yes, you heard correctly, I questioned my ability to put something on a cotton pad and rub it on my face. I've tried soaking a pad in the stuff, forcibly slapping it onto my face and holding it there to soak, which admittedly is something that needs done with the top range make-up removers, but I am beginning to believe that even if I bathed in the stuff whilst scrubbing with a brillo pad, it wouldn't work. It works okay on removing foundation, but a decent rain shower will do that; and it's no use to man nor beast on eyes, eyebrows and lip products. Useless, 0/10, would NOT recommend. 


Its partner product, the cleanser, is wonderful. I was dubious about its abilities because it essentially is a fairly weak looking foam that you rub on your face, which disappears into the skin easily, and then gets rinsed/wiped off with a cloth. Basic. However, this stuff really, really works and I'm so impressed with the results. High end mascara, waterproof eye-liner and lip stains have all proved no match for the cleanser and whilst it does sting just a little if you get it in your eyes, it's very sensitive too.  
It just shows how you can't trust a brand or even a line's reputation based on one product, and I'm so glad I picked both up at the same time as I definitely wouldn't have looked at the cleansing mousse after trying the make-up remover! I'll be back on Thursday, but until then- have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik