Sunday 19 April 2015

S/S Lip Picks!

Morning all, whilst Scotland is still suitably cloudy and dull, I hear there has been some gorgeous weather down South this week, which got me thinking about updating my wardrobe and my make-up collection for the warmer weather. This may well result in some haul posts that you'll see over the next month or so. One element of my make-up that doesn't need replacing or updating is my overflowing lipstick collection, hence why today's post is a look at the lipsticks that I tend to use most over the Spring months!


(From left to right) Maybelline 'Coral Tonic', Bellapierre 'Mandarina', Rimmel 'As You Want Victoria', Mac 'Impassioned' and Revlon 'Carnival Spirit'


'Impassioned' is a pink colour that is slightly chalky on the lips but looks an awful lot less like bubblegum on the lips than it does in the packaging, and is a gorgeous true pink. I loved using this in South Africa when I had a bit more of a tan and I'm sure it would look amazing on any of you blonde readers! It's perfect for Spring and has just enough blue undertones to whiten your teeth, the formula is really creamy and lasts ages!


This is the first of two orange toned lipsticks in this post, and whilst I'm still getting used to wearing orange, this is a really really mild way of introducing some new colour into your collection as this is more of a balm than a lipstick. I was actually quite disapointed with the pigmentation of these lipsticks when they were first released, but I've since learned to love using them for a little wash of colour on the lips when you're going for a more toned down look, plus it's no hassle to keep it looking perfect as it's not gonna smudge or end up on your teeth!


I've spoken about this line in the past on this blog, but these are genuinely the creamiest, most insanely pigmented lipsticks on the high street. The total opposite of the Revlon line, these are sometimes nightmarish to avoid getting all over your teeth and half way down your chin. However if you apply these, blot them on and then apply another coat, they'll last forever and give the most unbelievable colour- with much of the line bright tones, especially this gorgeous fuschia pink. 


This is another basic drugstore lipstick, but these are very different to the Moisture renew range, as they are far more like your basic normal lipstick, creamy but not overly so, and without the hyper pigment. Coral Tonic is a pink not dissimilar to Mac's 'Impassioned' but naturally this one is much more coral toned (duh.) These are really solid lipsticks with a wide colour range!



I received this in a Glossybox, and I'd never heard of Bellapierre before, but I've been really impressed by the quality of the few products I've tried, especially this bright orange lipstick. I think it's fair to say that this isn't for the faint hearted, but it is beautifully creamy and will be the ultimate statement lipstick for summer. I love teaming it with an orange gloss for the most 'pop'! 

There we have my picks for your summer lipsticks. I'll be back on Tuesday with another post, by which point I'll be into my final fortnight of school.. how terrifying! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik