Tuesday 7 April 2015

Around the World in 8 Destinations

Hey hey, I've been seeing a lot of travel related posts floating around lately, and since summer is coming up, I decided to do a little post on all of the places I really want to visit. Here's my top eight.

1. Buenos Aires, Argentina 


I've always been interested in visiting South America, and a couple of years ago I saw pictures of the beautiful Librería El Ateneo Grand Splendid, a converted theatre that now serves as a massive book shop and library. It's absolutely gorgeous and I've since I first saw it, I've been obsessed with visiting. The rest of the country is unbelievable too, and it would give me an opportunity to improve my Spanish too!

2. Sorrento, Italy 


I visited Italy as part of a school trip a few years ago, and ever since I've dreamed of going back to Sorrento, where we spent a few days. The city is wraps around the cliff-side, giving spectacular views, and whilst it is a tourist destination, it still maintains that lovely Italian charm. Plus the weather is like 40 degrees in the Summer, so tanning is guaranteed.

3. Paris, France 


One of the more stereotypical destinations on my list, but it really should be everyone's dream to visit Paris, the culture, the food and the people are all renowned for being some of the best in the World. Plus it's really not very far away so I'd love to take the train down to London and then the Eurostar. I'm planning on travelling Europe during the first Summer of Uni, so I'm sure Paris will be one of the destinations on my trip.

4. Cape Town, South Africa


I visited Cape Town last month as part of my incredible trip to SA, however I'd love to go back and further explore what was one of the most bizarre and interesting cities I've ever visited. The view from the top of Table Mountain is literally the best view I've ever witnessed, and the inner city feels like driving through the middle of New York. It's coastal too so beach time is possible, and the whole country is steeped in history.

5. Hong Kong


Asia is another part of the World that I'm incredibly interested in visiting, and just look at that picture, the hundreds of sky-scrapers that line the horizon are amazing, and the culture is so different to Europe that every day would be a new experience. 

6. Berlin, Germany


I did a little bit of German in the first few years of school and since then the country, particularly Berlin, has always intrigued me. I'd love the visit all the historic sites, particularly what remains of the Berlin wall. Plus I hear they do some really amazing beer and food too, so that pretty much sold it for me!

7. New York, USA


New York is definitely one of the top destinations in the World to visit, and it's easy to see why. Between Times Square, Central Park, the Empire State Building, you could fill an entire month experiencing only the most touristy destinations. In an ideal world I'd love to live there for a while,

8. Dubrovnik, Croatia 


This was one of the destinations that was considered for a sixth year holiday, and although it wasn't picked, I'd still love to visit it. Dubrovnik is one of the up and coming tourist destinations in the World, and it's actually where a lot of the scenes for Game of Thrones are filmed, which is really cool too!

I'll be back with another post on Thursday but until then, have a lovely week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik