Friday 3 April 2015

High Street Haul

Evening all, you may have noticed that Boots have their 3 for 2 offer on their entire make-up range again now, which naturally means I once again spent money that I don't have on make-up that I don't need. Therefore, to justify my unnecessary purchases, I've written a little blog post about them to show you all!



My original cause for going in to Boots was that my current foundation, the Bourjois Healthy Mix, was running low. I've really enjoyed using it, but I've been hearing a lot of good things about the new L'oreal Matte offering, particularly from Lily Melrose on YouTube, whose channel I will link here x. It cost a mere £7.99, which seems reasonable as the tube looks pretty small, however upon closer inspection it's clear that this actually contains 35ml of product, whereas the £10.99 Infallible original only has 30ml. Bargain, especially when you consider the 3 for 2. The texture and coverage is fab and though I've only used it a couple of times, I think it's a really good offering from one of my favourite companies. 


I already own a couple of these Maybelline Color Tattoo's in On and On Bronze, one of my holy grail products, and another in Permanent Taupe, however I'd seen a lot of good things about the plum coloured version, and I decided to pick it up. The consistency of these is totally creamy but it sets really fast and stays put on even the oiliest of eyes for hours. Vintage Plum is a deep burgundy but it has really noticeable chunks of golden glitter which is just gorgeous. Well worth it for the price!

3. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 30 (£5.49)


A friend of mine had this lipstick on last week and as soon as I saw that Boots had it in stock, I had to pick it up. It looks like a scary dark purple in the bullet, but on the lips it's a gorgeous pinky purple that makes your teeth look super white. It reminds me a little bit of Mac's 'Rebel' but the consistency of the Rimmel lipsticks is really smooth and slides onto the lips really well. I love these, particularly for the darker shades, and the price point is fab too!

So there you go, my justification for being lured in by Boots 3 for 2 offer, I'll be back on Sunday with another post for you all, but until then have a lovely Easter weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik