Sunday 16 November 2014

17

Hi guys! I've been absent from my blog for a week or so and I thought I'd catch you up on the Universe shifting events that you have all missed. On Friday, November 14th, I turned 17. How did I celebrate? Well I worked from 9.30 till 4.30 didn't I? 

However despite the hideous shift I endured, I did have a lovely day and I got to enjoy the evening with some of my best friends, as well as receiving some lovely gifts- including a couple that I'm going to talk about today! 

*Disclaimer- Obviously, I am not bragging, I was incredibly lucky to receive the gifts that I got, and the purpose of this post is to thank those who gave things to me- and also to draw your attention to some lovely new things that you might even want to buy!*

I've rambled on to my Mum about how much I love Rose Gold for well over a year now, and she answered my calls in the best possible way (well.. perhaps except for a Michael Kors watch, but beggars can't be choosers!) Bertie Browns is a lovely little independent store in Perth, but they do have a website so I've linked it above in case you want to pick this up! I absolutely adore the bracelet, and I wore it on Friday night and it goes beautifully with just about any colour, as well as making me look that tiny bit more tanned too! One of my new favourites!

Image credit goes to Laura's Little Loves as my Lipstick is downstairs and I'm lazy. Seriously.
I've been lusting after this since I first came across it in Boots a couple of months ago, and coupled with my obsession with Blake's character Serena in Gossip Girl, this made the perfect lipstick. I genuinely think I've found the perfect red. I'm going to do a review post on this so I won't go on too much, but I LOVE this- and I'm pretty sure they're only £7 just now so go, go, go and get one for yourselves!

Another new love of mine is huge bobble hats that ensure maximum ear-cosiness throughout the Winter months. I had my eye on this one from Topshop but I actually think that this burgundy one from Marks and Spencer's is even cosier, even if it does make me look a bit like an egg when I have it on! 

I've wanted new bed covers for ages now but they always seemed like something that you can't actually just go out and buy? So in typical teenager style, I got my parents to buy them for me. I recently got a new duvet too, which is 13.5 tog (PLEASE go and watch Rhod Gilbert's comedy sketch on duvet buying, it's honestly tear inducing.) and it's super cosy. The print on these sheets is JUST Christmassy enough to make me feel festive but is also acceptable for year-round usage. Despite the picture, which is horrendous, they do look lovely and high quality in person too. Perfect! 

My lovely lovely pals purchased this little palette for me, probably due to my unhealthy obsession with Benefit and eye makeup, and I LOVE it! The kit contains 4 powder shadows that range from a yellow highlighter to a dark brown, as well as 2 cream shadows in a RSVP and 'No Pressure!', which is a great dupe for the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze!! I've been using these for the last couple of days since my birthday and it's the first Benefit kit I've had where I would genuinely recommend every product! 

There you have it, some of my most favourite presents from my birthday, you guys have to check out some of Rhod Gilbert's comedy too! Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik