Sunday 23 November 2014

Most Anticipated Book to Movie Adaptations 2015-16

Hi guys! This is my latest update of the Most Anticipated Book to Movie Adaptations, and since the last three were so popular I felt it was only right to bring you guys up to speed on the newest announcements and release dates for some of the most popular books that are being turned into films! I'll link my last three here, here and here so you're welcome to check them out too- I love writing these so look out for more in the future! 

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
IMDb and Goodreads links
Release Date: 20th March 2015 (UK)
Starring: Shailene Woodley, Angel Elgort, Theo James
Synopsis: The second novel in the hugely successful Divergent series sees Tris (Woodley) and Four (James) caught up at the centre of a new war between the Factions in their society. I hugely enjoyed the book but the teaser trailer they have released shows a truly bizarre 'Up' style scene where a house gets pulled up into the air with Tris and a ghost of her Mother caught in it. Needless to say, this wasn't in the book which doesn't fill me with huge confidence, and was certainly a strange choice of advertisement for what is set to be one of the biggest films of 2015.

Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith
IMDb and Goodreads links
Release Date: 17th April 2015
Starring: Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Roomi Rapace
Synopsis: Set in Stalin-era Soviet Union, a disgraced MGB agent Leo Demidov (Hardy) is dispatched to investigate a series of child murders - a case that ruins his career and threatens the life of both Leo and his wife Raisa, and begins to connect with the very top of party leadership. I did a little review of the book not too long ago which I'll link here x but I honestly cannot wait for this! I ADORED the book and the movie looks set to be amazing!

Paper Towns by John Green
IMDb and Goodreads links
Release Date: 13th August 2015 (UK)
Starring: Cara Delevingne, Nat Wolff, Halston Sage
Synopsis: Quentin Jacobson (Wolff) has always had a bit of a thing for Margo Roth Spiegelman (Delevingne) so when she climbs through his window and then asks him to follow her on an adventure, he naturally falls completely in love with her. However when he turns up at school the next day to find Margo missing, the real adventure begins..
^Did you like that? Wrote it myself. Maybe I have a future calling in IMDb synopsis writing. Regardless, I loved the book and I'm really interested to see how Delevingne works in an acting role. I do love Nat Wolff acting as a love lorn teenager too [see: every single Nat Wolff film. However Stuck in Love is a great example] 

The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
IMDb and Goodreads links
Release Date: 16th October 2015 (UK)
Starring: Scarlett Johansson, Idris Elba, Lupita Nyong'o, Bill Murray
Synopsis: First of all; LOOK AT THAT CAST, second of all; live action/CGI film starring all of the above. This looks to be one of the coolest releases of 2015 as the unbelievable cast will no doubt make this re-imagining of the Rudyard Kipling classic an amazing watch. Notably, Warner Bros are also making a Jungle Book film concurrently with the Disney film which will be called Jungle Book: Origins, and will feature Benedict Cumberbatch, Christian Bale, and Cate Blanchett and will be released in the US in 2016. Essentially, every single amazing actor/actress in the world just now is going to be starring in a Jungle Book film in the coming years. I sense a round of 'The Bear Necessities' coming on..

Mockingjay Part Two by Suzanne Collins
IMDb and Goodreads links
Release Date: 20th November 2015
Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth
Synopsis: With Mockingjay Part 1 having been released this weekend, the countdown to the end of THE Y/A franchise of the last few years has truly begun. Katniss Everdeen (Lawrence) will attempt to defeat the Capitol in the all-out revolution between the Districts which has seen her home and her life destroyed. Having survived two rounds in the 'arena' and the events of the superbly traumatic first part of Mockingjay, I have no doubts that Katniss will be ready to whip some serious Capitol ass. I don't talk about how much I love these books very often but I did love THG and CF, but at the time I was sorely let down by how rushed the end of Mockingjay was. Perhaps with two films to play with the screenwriter will have given the ending a bit more time to simmer before it inevitably reaches boiling point.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
IMDb and Goodreads links
Release Date: not confirmed but during 2015
Starring: wait for it.. Lena Headley, Matt Smith, Douglas Booth, Suki Waterhouse
Synopsis: Yes, you heard me right- Doctor Who, Romeo, Jocelyn Fray and one of top models in the World are all starring in a Jane Austin novel adaptation that includes ZOMBIES. Now.. I read this book when I was eleven and despite the slightly flowery language it is genuinely hilarious. Essentially Elizabeth Bennett has decided to wipe out the zombie menace that has befallen the pretty English town of Meryton, but gets a little distracted by Mr Darcy who swans in and falls in love with her. Thus follows a truly ridiculous retelling of the famous love story which includes at least as much zombie killing as it does awkward, sexual tension between the future Mr and Mrs Darcy. It is ridiculous, but it is also hilarious and I'm sure it will make an amazing film, especially with such a good cast!

Inferno by Dan Brown
IMDb and Goodreads links
Release Date: October 2016
Starring: Tom Hanks
Synopsis: The fourth book in the Robert Langdon series is set to be made into a film for the end of 2016. With the Tom Hanks films being so successful in the past (is there a home in the country that hasn't owned a copy of The Da Vinci code at some point) I can see this being a big release. The movie sees Professor Langdon in Italy, where he is drawn into a world centered on one of history’s most enduring and mysterious literary pieces, Dante’s Inferno. He then inevitably gets caught up in 'something bigger' which sees him pulled into a landscape of classic art, secret passageways, and futuristic science. This one is definitely one to watch- I only hope they don't do a 'Die Hard' where you feel as though Langdon really needs a lie down with his slippers on, instead of running about Italy chasing villains.

Fantastical Beasts and Where to Find Them by J K Rowling
IMDB and Goodreads links 
Release Date: 18th November 2016
Starring: N/A
Synopsis: The movie, which hardly anything is known about- I'm mainly just including this to have an excuse to actually blog about some real life, CURRENT JK Rowling book/movie news. All that is known so far is that the film trilogy will centre around Newt Scamander, the author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, a wizard living in early 20th century New York. I'm completely excited for this and I honestly cannot believe JK Rowling is revisiting the Wizarding World. If you want to find me on the 18th November 2016 I will be in a cinema somewhere crying, so look me up!

and there you have it, my newly updated Most Anticipated Book to Movie Adaptations for the next year and a half! I'm so excited for each and every one of these films and I'll keep you all updated on their progress and performance, particularly the Potter book- which will no doubt get an awful lot of airtime on here over the next couple of years.

I hope you all have a lovely rest of your weekend and I'll be back blogging later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik