Thursday 26 March 2015

Catfish and the Bottlemen: 24th March

Morning folks, as promised I have a review of my visit to Barrowlands in Glasgow to see Catfish and the Bottlemen on Tuesday. Barras is one of my favourite venues and Catfish are one of the best bands around at the moment, making this a gig I was very, very excited for. Unsurprisingly, both delivered and I had an amazing time at what became a proper sweat fest of a gig. There's something strangely homely about a room full of happy, intoxicated, sweaty Glasweigans. 


The band don't actually have many songs as they've only recently released their debut album, although by the way the crowd belted them out- you would have thought that they were all old classics. Nonetheless, the gig didn't feel overly short and any longer would have dramatically increased the likelihood of me actually being killed in a mosh pit. 


My personal favourite moment was Hourglass, which was the one moment in the entire evening where the crowd died down a bit and just stood and screamed out the lyrics to what is perhaps the band's token 'love' song-I included a little, crappy video below. It's always been one of my favourites and the whole atmosphere was so focussed on the band, you really did feel like everyone there was a huge fan of Van and co.  



Little Comets were worthy supports, and their performance, particularly the rendition of their most famous song, The Dancing Song, ensured that everyone didn't flag during the slightly lengthy wait between arrival and Catfish taking the stage. 


I had a really wonderful time and now cannot wait to see the band again at T in the Park this summer, if you haven't already listened to them, then check out their album The Balcony here x and you can thank me later. See you guys on Sunday! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik