Tuesday 31 March 2015

March Favourites!

Morning guys, we have once again reached the last day of the month, which is pay day for me- meaning that my month long bankruptcy has ended. This should hopefully mean that April holds some slightly more exciting blog posts for you all than February and March did, and I already have a couple of Easter themed posts planned for this weekend. Therefore, without further ado- let's look at what I've been loving this month. 

Mac Lipstick in Chilli 

I seem to feature a Mac lipstick in almost every monthly favourites I do now, however since I've been wearing less make-up than usual this month, my lipstick has been the only thing that's really changed a lot. I did a post on my Mac lipstick collection that I'll link here x but Chilli is a gorgeous earthy toned red that I absolutely adore. It's a little twist on the usual red lipstick and it's been brilliant for the last few weeks of wintry weather. 

Topshop Eye Liner

I have taken advantage of my slightly tanned skin this month to tone down my usual full face of makeup, which has meant that most days I've either only worn eye shadow, or only done a simple winged liner. Hence why this little beauty from Topshop has found its way into my favourites for the month. It's got a slightly longer, thinner nib than normal which means it's super precise and it is totally jet black, which is perfect for me. I don't have a lot of Topshop makeup but I'll definitely look into buying more after the success of this. 

Rimmel Brow Kit 

In a truly horrific turn of events, I ended up leaving my brow products, brush and all, in South Africa. This meant that (on an extremely tight budget) I had to run out to Boots and pick up a replacement. This stuff isn't amazing, and I certainly wouldn't recommend the brush that it comes with, but for the price it is one of the best complete brow products I have ever used. I would recommend going the shade lighter than you think you'll be, however, as my 'medium brown' is a bit dark for even my dark brown hair. 

W7 in the Buff Palette 

Another disaster of the SA trip was the breakage of my Naked 2 palette, which I eventually chose to sell as a reduced price on Depop at the start of the month. I then chose to buy Naked 1 instead, as well as this little dupe for the Naked 2. Naked 1 is good, I think I could grow to love it, but I'm not anything like as infatuated with it as I am with this, exceptionally cheap palette from W7. There are a few of these and I'm sure there's a dupe for the Naked 1 and 3 too, but I cannot recommend this one highly enough. They're only about £6 too! 

Big Hero 6 


This is kinda cheating since I actually watched this film on the plane home at the end of February, but I'm going to allow myself to cheat since it's a Disney film and I haven't had a chance to rave about it yet. Before I went away I had planned on taking my little cousin, who's 5, to see this, but upon watching the film I actually think this is a Disney exploit aimed at a slightly older audience than the likes of Frozen. The story is set is a futuristic San Fransokyo and features two brothers, Hiro and Tadashi, and Tadashi's robotic invention Baymax, which is like a personal care robot- aka a big teddy bear like cutie. This film is actually heart-breakingly sad at points, but I won't spoil anything as it's still available in some cinemas to see. However, the thing that I loved the most was how side-splittingly funny some parts are, there is some physical humour with Baymax that is actually hilarious and I was struggling to control myself on the plane in all honesty. Definitely go see it or pick up the DVD if you have a chance!

Eleanor and Park


I finally got the chance to read Rainbow Rowell's famed YA book Eleanor and Park this month, and it didn't disappoint. The book focuses on the love story between Eleanor, a young, unruly girl from a really horribly troubled home, and Park- a high achieving kid with some serious underlying Daddy issues. It's your typical John Green esque love story but I did really enjoy it and there are some lovely scenes. I've also read Fangirl by R.R and she seems to capture the genuine teenage emotions without making it sound corny or cliche. Not going to change your life, but well worth picking up and reading if you're a YA fan!

That 70's Show


This month's answer to 'What show is Rachel marathonning on Netflix?' is That 70's Show. I realize I am way behind the times with this as several of my friends grew up watching the frankly ridiculous show but what can I say, I was raised on a steady diet of Friends episodes. The show follows a group of six friends in their exploits throughout their teenage years in terms of love, school, family and their regular pot fuelled musings in the basement of the protagonist, Eric Foreman. All of the main characters are really lovable and some of the humour is just unbelievably funny. I seem to pretty much constantly have an episode on it in the background and I am getting through it at an alarming rate!

Catfish and the Bottlemen


I feel like I've probably rambled enough about how much I adore this band this month so I won't say much, they featured not only in my review of their gig, but also in my music favourites and my March Round Up. They are genuinely wonderful and you have to go and check them out. Right now. 

I will be back on Thursday with another post for you all but until then, have a lovely week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik