Wednesday 21 August 2013

Make-up Routine!

Hey guys! I hope you're having a good week so far, and if not, at least we're half way through already! This weeks life-y post is focussing on my makeup routine/the products I use. Now, I'm not a makeup artist or even a beauty blogger but 90% of my non-tumblr related online activity is watching YouTube beauty gurus or reading so many of your fabulous makeup and fashion blogs, so I thought I'd at least show you guys what I do to stop looking quite so much like Gollum in the morning!

Benefit's Porefessional- £24.50
First of all, this is my kind of basic day to day beauty regime, that I wear to school everyday. However this is easily adapted to suit a night out or incorporate strict school rules. I moisturize and then use Benefit's 'Porefessional' to smooth out some of my larger pores.
 
Lumi Magique- £10.99 and Lasting Perfection- £4.19
 
I then take Loreal's 'Lumi-Magique' and apply that over my whole face, I prefer to use my fingers but it's a light foundation so it works well with any kind of brush too! After I'm happy with my foundation I apply Collections' Concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes/discoloration that I have!
 
Lumi Magique (left) and Lasting Perfection swatches

This is all then set using Loreal's true match powder, which I apply with a fluffy powder brush! If I want to add contouring/more colour then I move on to adding Benefit's 'Coralista' blusher (£23.50) and NYC bronzer (£3.99) using two separate brushes.
 
True Match Powder- £8.19

For eyes, I use an Estée Lauder palette from their Christmas beauty box which contains around 20 of their Pure Color Eye Shadows (£15.50-£17.00 full size), and use the shade 'Cinnamon' all over my lids for a neutral base and then take the shade Mink, which I also use for my eyes brows, into the outer corner and the crease. A dot of Sugarcube in the inner corner and my eye shadow is done. For a long time, I used Collections' Fast Stroke eyeliner (£2.99) but I've recently been preferring using Loreal's Gel Liner in Golden Black, as it gives a softer and smokier look. My eyes are finished by adding a coat or two of Maybelline's The Rocket mascara (£7.99!)
 
Gel Liner in Golden Black- (£9.99)

A lot of the time, I will just leave my makeup like that and go out but I also have a ridiculous amount of lip products (they seem to be an obsession of mine.) I've been loving Loreal's Glam Shine Stain Splash lipgloss in 'Princess' and Rimmel's 1000 Kisses Lipstain in 'Don't Stop Blushing' and their Apocalips in 'Apocaliptic.'
 
Princess (£7.99) Don't Stop.. (£5.99) and Apocaliptic (£6.49)

I hope you guys have a better idea of how I do my makeup now, and the kind of products you can use, I'm really not able to afford more than one or two new makeup products a month so all of this had been purchased on a budget! If you want to see any more makeup related posts then comment below and I will be back tomorrow with another review. Be sure to +1 this post and share it on Twitter and where ever else, until tomorrow, have a wonderful day!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik