Sunday 18 August 2013

Updated: My 'To Read' Pile

Hey guys! This week has been totally crazy, I started back at school and the first week has completely knocked it out of me. I’ve had a lot of homework and schoolwork to do as well as feeling 100% exhausted, like all the time, so the blog has taken the back seat for a while. I’m sorry for that, but I hope you understand that I am trying. To prove this, as well as Top Ten Tuesdays and the new feature I have planned for Friday, I am going to show you the list of books I plan to read this term/semester. Fingers crossed I can find the time to do so!

1. Catch 22 by Joseph Heller



2. We Are Here by Michael Marshall



3. Love and Other Near Death Experiences by Mil Millington


4. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare


5. Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness


6. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell


7. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead


8. The Maze Runner by James Dashner


9. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver


10. Sunset Song by Lewis Grassic Gibbon



1, 2, 3 and 5 are all books I picked up from the library last week, unfortunately I’ve not been able to start any of them yet but I will link my post of them all here so that you can go and check them all out! Cloud Atlas looks brilliant and as far as I can tell the movie got relatively good reviews! My bestfriend adores the Vampire Academy books and since she also introduced me to The Mortal Instruments series, I feel like I HAVE to read them! City of Lost Souls is the fifth book in the TMI series, and I have actually been restraining myself from reading it because the sixth book isn’t released until early next year! However the first book, City of Bones is being released as a film, which I’m seeing this Wednesday and I cannot wait! The Maze Runner is the book I currently have downloaded on Audible but I’ve only listened to the first 2 chapters, I will definitely get a lot more of that listening too this week as I want to see the film when it’s released (because it has Dylan O’Brien in it!) Pandemonium is the second book in the Delirium series and Delirium was the first book I listened to on Audible while I was down in London, so perhaps I will get Pandemonium next month with my free book credit! Sunset Song is the book I’m currently reading in school, it’s set in Northern Scotland and is written in a mix of old Scots and Doric, which is an Aberdeenshire dialect. It’s a popular book with Higher English teachers and I’m actually really enjoying it! 

I’ll review all of these books as and when they are finished which means that reviews won’t necessarily be posted on a weekend/Thursday basis anymore, however I will do my absolute best to ensure a level of continuity throughout the term. I’m also in Spain over the October holidays so I may have to queue some posts for over that period as well! On the bright side I always read about 10 books when I’m on holiday so I should have enough review material to last me for another few weeks after that! Until my next post, have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik