Thursday 22 August 2013

Potter Mania!

Hey guys! Now, I know I promised I'd get one of my books finished this week so I could have a nice, shiny new review for you, but I don't. Instead, I've dredged out an old idea from the dusty corners of my planner and I actually really enjoyed writing this. Now, it should be no surprise to anyone who has been reading my posts for a while that I am a massive fan of Harry Potter, so I obviously own the book series, however I recently realised that I actually own a few other Potter-related books that definitely deserve their own wee review! 

The books included in this set are 'Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them,' 'The Tales of Beedle The Bard' & 'Quidditch Through The Ages.' All of these books were released at one point or another in paperback with the proceeds going to charity, such as Children in Need and Lumos. They're all a little tongue in cheek and they really do make fantastic little additions to my Potter collection, particuarly 'The Tales..' as the book is so central to the Hallows story. There are even diagrams and drawings to accompany the books and a hardback set of short stories is always a beautiful thing, especially when they're Potter related. 



I kept putting off reading this book as I've always been personally offended by biography style books by fans of the Potter series, however this book is written by Melissa Anelli, who was the webmistress of freaking 'The Leaky Cauldron?!' So I feel as though if anyone has the authority to speak for the fans as a whole, it's this woman. Without going into masses of detail, the book tells the story of Melissa's experiences with the books, her life as Webmistress of TLC and meeting J K Rowling herself. I'll be brutally honest and tell you that I cried at this book, the level of relation I felt to the way Anelli speaks about the series made me seriously emotional. A MUST read for any fan. 



This book is genuinely one of the geekiest and coolest things I own. It was a Christmas present and I sat in the days after Christmas and read it front to back. I've tried to find pictures which really do it justice but it basically is a massive hardback book which details Warner Bros Studio's effort to transfer the book to the screen. Bob McCabe, the author, has managed to get a ridiculous amount of insight into how it was done, along with pictures of the cast, concept art, behind the scenes interviews, exclusive reveals and so, so, so much more. It's easily the book I treasure most out of my collection and urgh, it's just amazing. It's relatively pricey, you can pay anything from £30 to £50 upwards for it but it's totally worth it. 

I love all of these books, clearly, but they really are wonderful little extras to your Potter collection, brilliant for any muggles out there! I had the best time compiling this as I love anything that gives me an excuse to do something Potter related! I have a new feature starting tomorrow and the first post will be a review on The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, which I went to see yesterday. Obviously I'm a HUGE fan of the books and I can't wait to tell you all what I thought! Until then, have a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik