Monday 11 August 2014

BACK TO SCHOOL- Folder Decoration DIY

Hi guys! Today's post is a little DIY for you. I wanted to cover some of the folders I bought for keeping my school stuff in this year, so I figured I'd show you guys what to do!

Here's what you'll need;
Folder of some sort, coloured tape, cellotape, wrapping paper, scissors (and paper- not featured!)
This is the wrapping paper I chose. 

Step One
Lay out the wrapping paper as so, and cut it so that it is just big enough to cover the whole folder flat, plus a border that is roughly 2 inches wide.

Step Two
Begin folding the paper around the folder and cellotaping the sides down, these don't have to be particularly neat!

Step Three
 Make diagonal cuts at the base and top of the spine of the folder to ensure that the paper doesn't rip when you fold them in! Then fold the bottom up and secure it with cellotape too. You may want to fold the paper first, before folding it in, to ensure that you get a straight edge to stick down!


Step Four
Finish by folding the two sections at the top and bottom in, and up, to finish off securing the wallpaper!


Step Five
I then took a piece of lined paper, and cut it down to fit roughly in the area of exposed folder, which looked absolutely rubbish, and then used one of my patterned tapes to secure it. This creates a 'contents page' type area that you can use to write in!
  

Step Six
I then cut out the letters for 'Contents' and stuck them down, before repeating on the other side, which will form the back page of the folder. I then numbered the lines too!


Step Seven
I haven't yet decided what subject to use this for, but step seven would be to label your folder in whatever way you wish! 
TA DA!
There you have it! I hope you guys have a lovely week. See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik