Friday 8 August 2014

NEW FIND- DEPOP

Evening folks! I hope you've all had a lovely Friday and a nice week in general, the weather here in Scotland has more than taken a turn for the worse so we're once again back to torrential downpours mixed in with some cloudy muggy-ness. Lovely.


This week I have been discovering a few new apps for my iPhone, however due to my extremely limited storage space (a combination of a vast music collection and a relatively small 16GB iPhone) I could only really explore a couple at a time. One which has earned it's place in my phone permanently is Depop, a marketplace type app designed to make selling between users super easy.


The concept began in Italy and therefore a lot of the users are Italian, however this is becoming less and less of an issue as the app gains popularity since users from all over the world are beginning to sell and trade on the app. It's also becoming increasingly popular as an Etsy type platform for small companies and businesses to sell their products. When selling products, there is a slight commission given to Depop, which is understandable given that there are no adverts or any other money making nuisance.


Setting up an account is incredibly easy and can be linked to your social network sites like Facebook and Twitter, and once you set up- Depop offer you a bunch of sellers to follow, which I did. I spent the first few days of my time on Depop searching for various things I wanted, an old polaroid camera, a pocket watch and a whole bunch of other stuff. I've been looking for a Mac lipstick lately and when I saw a seller with the shade 'Lickable, which I'd wanted for a while- I checked it out. I then haggled a little to get the price down to just £7, which the seller seemed happy enough to do, and within 5 days of first seeing it, the lipstick is firmly in my handbag.


There are options to leave feedback between sellers and buyers and additionally, you can decide for yourself if you want to ship products that you sell out to people, or if you only want the 'Meet in Person' option. The app is also linked to Paypal, so if the seller has 'instant buy' on as a setting, then you can purchase the item straight away- just like Ebay.
 

I'll definitely be making purchases on Depop in the future, but as with all of these sites, be wary of scamming and particularly with branded products- watch for replicas and fakes. However as long as you exercise a certain amount of caution and are sensible, I see no reason why you all shouldn't go and set up a Depop account too. Easy to buy and to sell your stuff when you're in need of more cash- what's not to love? A definite winner for everyone except my wallet. See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik