Monday 18 August 2014

UNBOXING- August Glossybox 2014

Hi there everyone! Today is, sadly, the last day of my summer holidays- I go back for my final year of school as of tomorrow. Glossybox seemed to be aware of this, as they sent out my monthly box so that it would arrive today, just in time to brighten my last day.


This month was Glossybox's third birthday- so the instruction booklet came in the shape of a present. This month's box was back to the usual pink design too.


As you can see there were 4 full sizes products, an extremely generous sized 'Elasticizer' and a perfume sample. Let's have a closer look. 

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer [40ml] (Full Size- £32)

Glossybox says; 'Originally created specifically for Audrey Hepburn, this pre-shampoo treatment delivers unrivalled elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine without weighing down or coating the hair.
I say; I've been hearing about this product for ages- I think most people in beauty circles will have, but it's far too expensive for me to justify buying. I'll definitely be trying this out and I'm so pleased with the size of the sample!

Essence 'I love extreme crazy' Volume Mascara (£2.79)

Glossybox says; 'The deep-black, creamy formula of this mascara covers each individual lash with colour while the extra large brush offers sensational volume.'
I say; This seems like a decent mascara from my first application, however the price tag is very low so I'm a little sceptical of how good this can be.

Krolyan for Glossybox (£12.95)

Glossybox says; 'This highlighter is a versatile, lightweight cream with a gloss finish. It provides cheekbones, lips, and other parts of the skin with a beautiful velvety shine.'
I say; Probably the stand out product in this months box, it looks very pink in this picture but is a far more gold toned shade in 'real life.' Ran out of my Benefit 'Girl Meets Pearl' and this looks set to replace it.

Figs and Rouge Mini Hand Cream (£6.95)

Glossybox says; 'These hand creams are enriched with shea butter, natural antioxidants and algea extract for beautifully fragrant and indulgent skincare. Softens, nourishes and thoroughly pampers hands throughout the day.
I say; This stuff smells amazing- the mango and mandarin really is beautiful together and the hand cream seems to work well from my limited experience. The tube is really cool too, almost definitely my new handbag hand cream!

Yves Rocher Pink Nail Polish (£3.60)

Glossybox says; 'Mini polish- maxi colour! Part of a palette of nude, vibrant or glamorous shades, slightly shimmery or intensely lacquered. Their mini format lets you succumb to the temptation of all the colours guilt free!
I say; I actually thought this was just a mini sample of a nail polish, but I love the idea of mini polishes being sold- definitely great for a beauty and nail junkie on a tight budget, like me! I tested this on my nail and it looks incredibly opaque from the first application. I've been loving nude pinks lately too!

Lalique L'Amour [2ml] (Full Size- £67/50ml)

Glossybox says; 'This soft, sensual fragrance has delicate top notes of rosebuds laced with fresh bergamot, white floral heart notes and a musk base note. This fragrance captures the essence of love.
I say; I'm not sure about the last part, but this stuff does smell amazing. Disappointingly, it comes with a dap on- top, rather than a mini atomiser, but the smell is incredibly grown up and very sweet. Not what I would usually go for, but definitely lovely!

I'll be back sometime in the next few days with a post- and I'll try to stay on top with posting despite being back in school, but until next time- have a lovely week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik