Thursday 1 January 2015

2015

Evening everybody, Happy New Year! I hope you all had a lovely time last night, whether you were out or not. A bunch of my friends and I were all together at a house party, which was just lovely and we even managed to get a little social dancing in- and nothing says New Years like the Gay Gordons! 


Ridiculously, it's already 2015- and I can see this being a big year for me, I'll head off to University in September, I finish school in May- and sit my final exams too. I'm travelling to South Africa in February to visit a link school, which I know will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. More than that, I'm just looking to enjoy being surrounded by the people I love, which might sound a bit sappy and completely cliche, but with family illnesses and the loss of some people close to me, and the people I love, in recent years- it makes you realise that everyday is important. I'm thinking of doing monthly update posts to show you how the scrapbook is coming along- so you guys can see what I do when I'm not perched in front of my laptop writing posts for you!

The picture I have above is of my new scrapbook, which I intend to fill with everything I do this year. I got a camera for Christmas too so it should give me the opportunity to improve my non-existent photography skills, whilst enjoying everything I do- whether it's a party with my friends, or a trip half way around the world. I'm incredibly lucky to be able to do all of the lovely things that I do, and I know I'll kick myself if I end up withering away into some average middle-aged life without any record of the stuff I did as a teenager/young adult. 

2014 was a big year, on a global scale we saw some of the high points (particularly in Scotland with the Ryder Cup and Commonwealth games) but also the low points, such as the recent racial controversies in America, or the fighting in Palestine. It was an important year for me, as I turned 17, passed my Higher exams and got my first University offers. I was blessed with an incredible year full of amazing things, and now 2015 feels like my opportunity to build on that. You guys are a big part of what I do, and I'd love for this year to be the year that Fully Booked really takes off, but regardless- I plan on having fun, and I hope you guys are ready to come along for the ride. Have a wonderful 2015 everyone, I wish you all the best of luck and happiness- and I'll be back at the weekend with a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik