Thursday 8 January 2015

New year, New Make-Up! Mac+Urban Decay Haul

Evening folks, I do promise I'll stop using New Year related blogpost titles soon, but not today as I have a little haul for you all! A couple of months ago, I did a little post on Depop- an app that you can download for your iPhone or Android that is basically like eBay, but better. Users can sell and buy products just like eBay, but it's also a little bit like Etsy too as many users use it as a platform for their businesses. I however, use it mainly for buying make-up products from other lovely ladies on Depop! This week in particular I went a little crazy and bought myself two Mac lipsticks, a Mac paintpot and the Urban Decay Naked Palette- and for all of these I spent a grand total of £40, for almost £70 worth of make-up which is amazing considering that all the products I received were new, or have only been very lightly used. You do have to be a little wary of buying from Depop and use your common sense so you don't get caught out by spammers or fake products, but I've been fine with it! 

Let's have a little look at what I bought.. 

Mac Paintpot in Genuine Treasure (RRP- £15.50 I Paid- £7) 

This has actually been discontinued from Mac but I have been keeping an eye out for it for ages as I think it's a completely gorgeous colour. When you first swatch it the pigmentation isn't as strong as I was expecting, but that's almost a good thing as it means you can build up from a light brown with a gold glitter, to a proper smoky eye with just your fingers and some blending! One other thing to note is that the glitter will cling to you, so you'll need make-up remover or to wipe it off properly to ensure you don't have glittery eyelids for weeks!

Mac Lipstick in Cyber (RRP- £15.50 I Paid- £8)


Cyber is one of Mac's cult lipsticks, and having picked up Rebel and Ruby Woo in the past month or so, I felt like this was the logical next step in my Mac collection. This colour won't be for everyone, as it's a super dark purple colour that looks almost black on your lips, but I do love it and it looks amazing with a fresh face, some contouring and a gold eye look. As per usual with Mac lipsticks, it won't dry out your lips or cling to any fine lines or cracks you may have in them- and whilst this isn't a particularly summery colour, I can see this becoming a favourite of mine in the near future!

Mac Lipstick in Impassioned (RRP- £15.50 I paid- £8)


My other lipstick purchase was a much more summery bright pink shade, this is quite similar to my other Mac lipstick in Lickable, which is a similarly gorgeous shiny fushcia shade. This is perfect for everyday looks and I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it!

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (RRP- £22 I paid- £18)


I got an Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette for my Christmas and I absolutely fell in love with it (review and swatches here)- and decided to take the plunge and buy the Naked Basics Palette when I saw it on Depop. It contains 6 shadows, ranging from a shimmery highlight to a deep black/brown. There is a good range of mattes and shimmers and for a girl who loves a bold lip, this contains just about everything you'd need to get a nice casual eye look to match! The palette is perfectly handbag sized and contains a big mirror too! Perfect!

There you have it, my new lipstick and eye makeup purchases, I hope you enjoyed seeing what I got and I will see you guys on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik