Thursday 22 January 2015

New Mac Lipsticks!

Morning folks, today is another little haul for you guys- as I picked up a couple of Mac Lipsticks last week and thought I'd show you what they look like! 

The shades I picked up were the classic (and newly in stock) Velvet Teddy, and 'Kinky' from Mac latest collection with the Broadway hit Kinky Boots. 


Both shades are matte and are majorly long lasting. I adore the formula of Mac lipsticks, and they're definitely my new obsession. I think they give off an air of class and high-end quality that some other, much more expensive brands can't achieve.



This picture really doesn't do Kinky justice as it really is a truly matte red, like the classic 50's pin up girl red lipstick that every girl dreams of. It's creamier than Ruby Woo but the colour is very similar, if less blue-toned than it's popular counterpart. Definitely a new staple in my collection!


Despite my obsession with lipstick, I'm not a huge fan of a nude lip. I have one nude combination that I adore (L'oreal's Eva's Nude and YSL gloss in Golden Prailine) but all in all, I tend to prefer bright lip colours. However when I saw that Velvet Teddy was back in stock, I knew that I had to pick it up. It's not my favourite lipstick ever, but it is a gorgeous nude and one that I actually like quite a lot! Well worth it's hype and I imagine it would be a perfect browney-nude for all you nude lip lovers out there!


Mac lipsticks aren't the cheapest, and at £15.50 a pop you have to be selective about your choices, but I am such a huge fan that my collection seems to be growing at alarming rates! I may do a 'my favourite mac lipsticks' post one day but until then, have a lovely week and I'll see you on Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik