Thursday 15 January 2015

My Favourite Things

Morning everyone, a very happy Sunday to you all! I thought I'd do a little post on the things that I'm using to help me get through this chilly January slump.

Books


I actually probably read more on holiday in warm, sunny places that I do when I'm actually at home, since the draw of my laptop and the infinite amount of TV and films I have to watch is unreal. However I have actually made a little dent into my 'to read' pile over the last month or so, most recently finishing the second book in the Child 44 series by Tom Rob Smith, called The Secret Speech, which was amazing!

Chai Tea


My love for tea is well documented on the pages of this blog and no tea is better in the cold, sucky January mornings than a cup of Chai Tea. I love the Teapigs version, which is super expensive (I made the mistake of getting mine from my local independent bean shop and it cost me £4.50 for a 15 tea bag pack) but also super cute and I love actually seeing the spices inside the little silk bag!

New Make-up


I did a little haul last week on the new make-up I picked up and whilst it's a little bit of a materialistic thing to cheer me up, I do adore having new make-up to put on in the dark on a January school morning. I'll link the haul I did here!

Bed


I have a very close relationship with my bed. I spend a hideous amount of time sitting, under the covers, on my laptop on my bed- it's actually where I am now. For many people, January is a chance to detox, to get back into the gym and get themselves ready for the year. I don't really subscribe to such an idea, so I'm planning on spending the month in my little happy place.

Netflix 


This is possibly my favourite of all favourite things, I recently also found a way of accessing the US version of the popular site, which contains so much more than it's comparably rubbish UK version. I've spent the month watching Parks and Recreation and various other shows and movies that I previously didn't have access too. Love it.

There we go, all of my favourite things just now. I'll be back on Sunday but until then, have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik