Monday 2 June 2014

30 Day Blogging Challenge; Day Nineteen- DIY Tips

Evening everyone, it's once again time for a 30 Day Challenge post- I missed one yesterday so I'm planning on doing two today to catch up! The first is a list of DIY tips I have. However, I don't really have a big collection of DIY tips to offer, so instead I've spent the past few days searching the web and trying some out. Here are my favourite, the most useful and entertaining! 

1. Fancy Mix-Tape 

I love this little box idea that thinkgarish offer, although you certainly wouldn't need to buy the box they offer- regardless, Mix Tapes are an age old birthday present idea but as with many oldies, it's a goodie. I feel that the metal box, along with a pretty label and a really personalised tracklist, makes a beautiful, thoughful present for less than a fiver!
2. BBQ Cutlery Set

As somebody who loves to take advantage of the summer weather, and who is a big food lover- I love a good BBQ. A really quick way to class it up, especially when catering for large number, is these cute cutlery holders. They'd also be great for year round parties and picnics! The tutorial I've used in the past is from here.

3. Letter Wall Hanging

I made this for my baby cousin last year, and it really is super easy. I think these are super easy, I bought an MDF 'M' from here and just used cardboard for the mini letters. Took me less than 2 hours (not including drying time) and it is currently in her bedroom. I found the idea on Pinterest here!

4. Scrabble Ornaments

I imagine most houses in the country have a box of Scrabble kicking about somewhere, and these make super cute decorations- both at Christmas and for all other times of the year. I'm thinking of making these for my sister and all of her friends for party favours at her birthday. Make sure to ask permission before destroying someone's box of Scrabble though! Idea from here

I should have the next post up in a couple of hours. But until then, enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik