Monday 16 June 2014

UNBOXING; June 2014 Glossybox!

Evening folks, you'll notice over the next few weeks that my posts tend to be timed around World Cup matches.. what can I say, if there's football on, I'll be watching it! I received an email on Friday telling me that my Glossybox for this month had been dispatched- and sure enough it arrived today! Let's have a look and see what's inside.. 

So Susan Cosmetics; Concealer Quad (£20)

Glossybox says- 'Formulated with virgin marula oil, this compact quad can be used to cover minor blemishes and imperfections. Its lightweight formula makes it ideal for summer. To create a flawless looking complexion, use the quad as an all-in-one contouring kit.
I say- This seems pretty similar to the Benefit Bo-ing concealers, and while they are a completely different formula type to the likes of the Nars or Collection concealers, these seem great for spots/patches on your skin. Additionally, the white works great as a inner-eye/brow bone highlight.


nailgirls 3-in-1 base/topcoat/nail strengthener 10ml (15ml value- £13.50)

 Glossybox says- 'This new longer lasting top coat combines the perfect base and nail hardener in one easy to use product.'
I say- As far as top coats go, this is pretty great, I tested it on my nail and it dried quickly, shiny and very smooth. I ran out of topcoat just last week so this is great. I'm sure it doesn't justify £14 for the full size product, but I'm pleased to have it none-the-less! 

got2be Rise n' Shine SoufflĂ© (£4.07) 

Glossybox says- 'Create stand-out styles with textured volume and silky shine without weighing your hair down thanks to this innovative multi-benefit styling product. The jasmine infused fragrance provides the ultimate finish for unforgettable hair.'
I say- I'm not a huge fan of wearing my hair up, and it's really too long for doing anything 'stand-out' in terms of volume. However, I tried this product out on my extremely frizzy post-school hair (it's been roasting here today and my hair did not react well) and it's just a decent job of calming it down and holding it there. 

Teeez Trend Cosmetics Beautiful Flat Stiff Brush (19 euros/£15.18) 

Glossybox says- 'This premium quality brush allows you to apply powder and cream shadow with ease. A make-up brush essential for your kit.'
I say- This photo really doesn't do this brush justice. The handle is absolutely gorgeous, with a copper/rose gold half, and a patterned bit at the bottom with a variety of crazy things including flamingo's and lips. The brush seems great too, especially for compacting eye-shadow onto my lids, but I feel it could be used for concealer too. I really love this!

Roger&Gallet Fleur de Figuier discovery ritual (Eau Fraiche £32 for 100ml, Body Lotion £13 for 200ml, Shower Cream £9.50 for 200ml)

Glossybox says- 'Created by renowned perfumer Francis Kurkdijan, these fruit-floral and fig inspired scents allow your senses to take a break reminiscent of a walk through a Mediterranean garden. 
I say- In terms of the 'bonus sample' expected in a Glossybox, this is actually pretty good. I've not tried the two lotion type products, but the fragrance is lovely. Although I did prefer the mini version of 'Ghost' perfume provided last month. 

Price paid- £10+P&P = £13.25
Box total (excluding Roger&Gallet products) = £48.25 
Saving = £35

I've only been subscribed to Glossybox for two months, but this was infinitely better than last months Superdrug special. If any of these products turn out to be especially amazing then I will review them. Until tomorrow, have a wonderful Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik