Wednesday 4 June 2014

30 Day Challenge; Day Twenty-Two- Favourite Season

Morning everyone! I hope you're all having a lovely Thursday. Today's 30 Day Challenge x. post is about my favourite season, as I'm sure you can tell from the title. 
I'm a Winter baby, and it genuinely is my favourite season by a million miles. Not only does it feature my birthday and Christmas (the world's best holiday) but the weather is at it's most beautiful, the streets and town centres all get decked out in fairy lights and decorations, and the general mood of people is, for lack of a better word, festive. 
I have been lucky enough to grow up having wonderful Christmasses with my family, and I can assure you that every Christmas morning, when my entire family descends on my Grandmother's to open our collective presents, I am at my happiest. Especially in recent years as I have been able to enjoy Christmas with my baby cousin, and see her delight that Santa has brought her everything she could possibly have dreamt of, 
I am a huge, huge fan of snow too- and I know it's something that vastly divides opinion, but my favourite weather is the morning after it's snowed, when everything is crisp and clear and sparkly. For me, the cold simply means bigger jumpers and rosier cheeks, and the Winter season heralds the arrival of wonderful food too. Mince pies, hot chocolate, mulled wine all get their yearly time to shine, along with my personal Christmas Dinner essential- pigs in blankets. 
Since everyone seems to converge back on their home town for Christmas, Winter is always a time filled with visits from family and friends. And as you all know, I'm a huge present wrapping freak, and with a bunch of friend's birthdays as well as Christmas, I am in my element. 

I could go on for years, but I imagine you've got the gist. Comment below with your favourite season, and I'll be back later with a review of 'The Shock of the Fall' by Nathan Filler. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik