Sunday 15 June 2014

Lip Product Addict Tag!

Hey folks! Sorry about my absence yesterday, it was a busy, busy Saturday! Today's post is the Lip Product Addict tag, and as many of you know- I'm a huge, huge lip product junkie! So here's my answers! 

1. Favourite balm/treatment?
Nivea SOS, Nivea Caramel Cream Butter, Body Shop Chocolate Balm
Despite my 3 choices, I didn't used to use a lot of lip treatments, outwith the usual Carmex and Vaseline (both of which are brilliant!) However, the Nivea SOS is the best treatment for seriously chapped lips, it smells minty and it'll clear your lips right up. I do however tend to prefer a lip butter, for daily use, and the Body Shop+Nivea versions smell unbelievable. If you love sweet things, these are for you!

2. Best eye-catching red?
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 'Hot Pepper' and Effect 3D in 'Rouge Electric'
It's not a total coincidence that both of these products are from Bourjois, maybe they do just do the perfect red-since I also adore their Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Red Island, especially paired with the gloss above. I love a red lip and for me, Bourjois are the best.
3. Best drugstore and luxury?
Rimmel Moisture Renew in 'As You Want Victoria' and YSL Golden Gloss in '02 Golden Praline' 
 I love the Moisture Renew's from Rimmel and this colour is my go-to lipstick to be honest. Whilst I love a red lipstick, this bright pink is great, and I've almost finished it- which is insane considering the variety of lipsticks I own! I cannot recommend this enough!
I don't own a vast amount of high-end lipsticks but I do love YSL, and this lipgloss is my go to nude gloss. Despite the slightly garish gold glitter, it actually doesn't look particularly glittery on the lip. Instead, it creates a subtle sheen and always makes my lips look huge.
4. Best MAC lipstick?
Viva Glam I

Shockingly, I've only ever owned one MAC lipstick and I lost it in May, however I did truly love it- and it was a really beautiful red. I may well re-purchase this soon as I'm missing it more and more!

5. The most disappointing product?
Soap and Glory Sexy Motherpucker Gloss Stick in 'Fushia-ristic' and MUA Luxe in 'Atomic'
These products are disappointing in two very different ways. The S+G gloss sticks are actually fab, and some of my favourite products! However, this particular shade was nothing short of raved about, and when I purchased it with high-hopes, I was extremely let down by the lack of colour pay-off on my lips. Perhaps it's just too light a tone for my lips but on me, this looks like a pale, pale pink lip butter- similar to the Vaseline Rosy Lips. However the MUA Luxe product is one that I just really really wanted to work. The packaging makes it look high-end, despite MUA products costing, in general, less than a fiver. There is amazing colour pay off on these, but these dry like paint on your lips and crack instantly. Perhaps with a balm..? I shall keep persevering! 

6. Liner - yes or no?
NO. For me, it's just never been necessary, but I may find myself investing in some soon as I am beginning to wish for bigger lips! I really want the Invisible Liner from Lipstick Queen!

7. Best gloss?
Loreal Rouge Caresse in 'Juliet'
I love this line of lip gloss/lacquers (it's a lacquer, but I'm allowed to cheat..) and Juliet is my favourite shade. A dark pink that stays put for hours and won't budge- and although I still can't figure out exactly what the scent is, these smell amazing!

8. Something extra!
Revlon Lip Butters
These are pretty much adored by anybody who loves makeup, and it's for a good reason. I actually have another two shades in an old handbag somewhere, but these two pictured are 'Tutti Frutti, a coral orange, and Wild Watermelon, which isn't as pink as it appears in this picture, but is more red-toned. For a natural looking lip colour, these can't be beaten! 

I'm not tagging anybody specifically in this post- but if you've done the Lip Addict Tag then feel free to link it below! See you guys soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik