Monday 9 June 2014

30 Day Challenge; Day Twenty-Six- Things I Hate

Evening everybody, having a lovely day? I am. I've been in my jammies since I waded through the rain to return home at around four pm, and it's made for an extremely comfortable evening! You'd think that would have allowed me to get a blog post up before the sun went down, wouldn't you? But no, that would involve motivation and organisation. Two qualities I don't possess.

Today's 30 Day Challenge x. post is all about things I hate, which one would think would be quite a negative post. However, I've used a song by Passenger called 'I Hate' as inspiration, and as in his words 'I laugh, and live and I have love to give. But sometimes all you can do is hate.' So without further ado, here are some things that really wind me up. 

1. Buffering Wifi 
Every single week my wifi plays up, and every single week I traipse downstairs to turn it off and on again, and suddenly- magically, it is able to work again. Maybe it just needs a rest sometimes but it's erratic attitude towards rebooting certainly makes me want to cry.

2. People Who Complain on Social Media [Yes, I understand the irony.]
I mean about the most pointless things, the number of tweets or facebook/tumblr posts I see daily that follow the concept of 'omg Mum won't let me have KFC/My boyfriend won't meet me today/Urgh rain means I can't get to my nail appointment' PLEASE be quiet. You're ruining my day, and hardly improving yours. 

3. Badly treated books 
Bent corners, folded over pages, bashed edges. BENT SPINES. The multitude of book related aggravations I have is endless, I'm always subconsciously careful with my books, to the point where people find it hard to believe I've read them. But mis-treatment of books is up there with my most heinous crimes. 

4. When people are messy
During study leave I came to appreciate just how freaking irritating it is when you tidy a room, or a table, or a cupboard and then the whole family/your friends come wandering in and leave their crap everywhere. On one occasion I counted less than 18 seconds between my Dad entering the house and having undone all the tidying I had done to say. Needless to say, I was not best impressed. 

5. Older generations assuming they're opinion is correct just because they've lived longer
I get it, respect my elders, be kind of the elderly, just nod and smile and walk away. I have two rather high-maintenance grandmother's who I see all the time, and I've mastered the art of being around them and being able to navigate a conversation in a way that keeps everyone happy. It's just hard to take them seriously when my Gran once blamed 'all these things we're putting up in space' for the particuarly windy weather we had been having that week. Seriously. 

Tomorrow's post is all about things that I love, so hopefully that will be a bit cheerier. Until then, enjoy your Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik