Monday 8 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY EIGHT // Ben Howard Gig Review

Evening folks, it's time for day 8 of Blogmas, and today's lil' post is all about the Ben Howard gig I attended last Saturday at Usher Hall in Edinburgh! I thought I'd tell you a little bit about it and give my own little review too!

A little disclaimer about how blurry these pictures are!

Setlist

Conrad
Rivers In Your Mouth
I Forget Where We Were
Black Flies
In Dreams
She Treats Me Well
Small Things
End of the Affair
Oats in the Water
The Fear
All is Now Harmed
Gracious
Everything


I love Ben Howard, and his first album 'Every Kingdom' is completely flawless, and is in my opinion one of the genuinely best albums of the past ten years. Every single song is amazing! I'm a big big fan of his new album too, and 'I Forget Where We Were' is exceptional, but I was a little disappointed that he played so many songs from his new album. 


I think my ideal setlist would have Conrad, IFWWW, She Treats Me Well, End of the Affair, Small Things from IFFWWW- but would also have Esmerelda, Only Love, Old Pine and Keep Your Head Up. I also adore Promise, but I totally understand that it's maybe not quite gig material as you're in danger of putting your audience into a teary half-asleep state. 


Ben's voice was exceptional and Usher Hall is a gorgeous venue, he even commented that he 'played some shit holes on tour' so it was a pleasure to be playing somewhere so lovely! I thought the support act, Hiss Golden Messenger, were fairly average and considering BH had Daughter as his support on his last tour, I was majorly let-down.


I had an amazing time, and even though it was a little rainy on the rush home,and we waited over an hour in Perth for a taxi once we got back, I would do it all again in a heartbeat. A special mention must also go to the folk around us at the gig, who were utterly hilarious and lovely too!

I'll see you all tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik