Sunday 7 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY SEVEN // My Christmas Purchases!

Hi there folks, I hope you've all had a lovely weekend and are reading this in a post-Sunday dinner slump, similar to how I am writing it! This post isn't so much a gift guide, like my previous post (linked here!) as much as an opportunity for me to get a written inventory of just what I've bought for my Christmas presents, and for who! 

This list doesn't include my (not so) Secret Santa as there is a minuscule chance my friend Laura, who is the lucky recipient, will read this. If so, hey Laura! I have included my sister though, as even if she reads this I'm 99.9% certain she's already aware of what I've got her. Now let's have a look at what I've been buying!

Mum 


My Mum's a Headteacher at a Primary school and I felt like I should get her something that would allow her to organise all the nonsense that she has going on both at school and at home. To make it a little bit special I decided to splash out on a Filofax, which is basically a brand of fancy organiser, so she could look a little bit classy whilst writing her shopping lists!



My sister and I bought my Mum a Nomination bracelet a year or so ago for her birthday, which essentially guarantees one present that we know we can get her for every Christmas and Birthday or other special occasion. I'd really recommend that kind of thing as a present for a close friend or family member as you can keep adding to it as time goes by!

Dad 



My Dad's got a huge record collection but since the eventual death of his previous record player, which was at least twice my age, he has had nowhere to play his records. Hence my Christmas present is less of a loving gift, and more of a helpful problem solver to ensure that the space consuming collection he has does not languish in the corner of my parents bedroom forever.



It's a bit of a running joke in my family that when he's in a foul mood, my Dad acts exactly like Grumpy from Snow White, so when I saw this mug on one of my many and frequent visits to the Disney Store website, I couldn't resist. You can personalise these with any name you want too which adds an extra little dimension to the gift! 

Sister

Hollister Jacket (RRP £70- no longer online!)


This was actually a purchase from almost six weeks ago and when I saw how much of a discount there was (I only paid £27) I decided to buy one for my sister straight away. Hollister are extremely overpriced in general but for a thirteen year old it's so 'cool' to have a jacket from a brand like that, that I will be the good books until mid-February.



My little sister is 13 and is currently using an extremely crappy pair of Twilight branded straighteners to do her hair, which is frankly tragic. I spotted these in a Black Friday sale and decided to pick up a pair for her, they're so classy and timeless to so if they last- she can keep them for years!

Gran 



Surprisingly, my 88 year old Grandmother wants makeup for her Christmas this year. She has always been a fan of Max Factor and they're currently offering a free gift box featuring £31 worth of products if you buy £15 worth of products- which I have! It's always worth looking out for any extra discounts or bargains you can get around Christmas! 

Nanny

Photobook (price varies) 



I took my own advice for my Nanny, as in my 'For Her' Giftguide (linked here!) I said that you should get your Gran a photobook, so that is exactly what my Sister and I, along with our cousins, are getting her for Christmas! There are loads of different sellers and it's easy to get a discount if you look hard enough!

There you have it, my little Christmas purchases so far- I'll probably pick up some little extras over the next couple of weeks, but in general I'm pretty organised this year! Have a lovely rest of your weekend folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik