Monday 22 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY TWENTY-TWO // Rimmel Provocalips Review

Hello folks, unbelievably it's time for the 22nd day of Blogmas, which is completely insane and I can honestly say that December has absolutely flown in. I'm writing this post at full speed as I'm suddenly surrounded by a last minute pile of presents that I have to wrap for my parents. I've found my skills as a wrapper being utilised a lot lately, with both parents and both of my grandmother's using my skills. I also went to my cousin's with my Mum this morning so that she could get her nails done, and ended up wrapping a huge pile of presents for my cousin's little girl, Maddie. Today has been typically hectic considering how little time there is before the 'big day,' and I cannot even describe how glad I am that I'm only working Christmas Eve and the 27th this week! 





Today's post is a little product review for you, of the much acclaimed Rimmel Provocalips, and I might love these as much as their sister product, the Rimmel Apocalips. The product is a two step, double ended applicator with one highly pigmented matte lip stain and step two- a creamy lip balm.


I think my first point about this product should be that once it is on your lips, it is quite frankly completely impossible to get off- and I mean this stuff with not BUDGE. This is a major plus point for me as I am a big contender for being the worst person for leaving lipstick stains on absolutely everything. 


The colour is incredibly highly pigmented and the shade I picked up, (500) Kiss Me You Fool, is a proper 50's bombshell red that must have blue undertones as it makes my teeth look super white! There are  shades in the range that go from a 'your lips but better' nude to a dark vampy purple that I am definitely tempted to pick up. If these are as successful as the Apocalips then there are bound to be more shades released in the future too. 


The one thing I would say that could work as a downside to this product is that when you first apply the stain, it will literally weld to your lips, which feels weird and could potentially be disastrous for someone with really dry lips. I had some mild chapping when I first used it and was totally fine with the balm, but it is something to watch out for! There is also the fact that whilst once this is on, it will last the whole day, without touch ups- easily, it does require a steady hand to apply properly, and in the several uses I have had, I found that it works best with a lip brush!


As I'm sure you can tell, I am a big fan of these and for £6.99- the staying power is insane! I'll be back tomorrow so have a lovely, festive evening and I'll see you tomorrow for Day 23!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik