Thursday 18 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY EIGHTEEN // How I Wrap My Presents!

Evening everyone, today's post is all about how I wrap my presents, now this is super picture heavy so I'm just going to shoot straight in because this could be a long-un!

You're gonna need; 
- Wrapping paper of choice (mine is from Paperchase x.)
- Various ribbons and bows, I picked up a set from Primark for £1.50
- Washi Tape (Aldi and Paperchase x.)
- Scissors, Cellotape 

First, I cut my paper to size and laid the gift (a necklace) out of the paper. I put mine upside down, so the bottom was facing me- as this meant it will be facing up when it's unwrapped, which looks best!


I then folded up one edge of the paper so I get a clean line when I secure it with sellotape. Wrapping is 90% about the folding and creasing, and 10% covering it in bows.


Secure with normal cellotape and then Washi Tape of your choice, I went for a suitably festive red and white snowflake design.


Then I trimmed the ends off, not very neatly but it doesn't have to be at this stage!


You guys all know how this works, I folded the edges in, creased and then folded down the top half!


Once again, fold and secure with your two tapes!


Then you have a fully wrapped present- now it's time to embellish!


I picked out this sequin ribbon and a gold bow.


You can barely see it in this picture but I first secured the ribbon at it's midway point with clear tape to hold it in place!


Flip the present and wrap the ribbon round, as seen below!


Flip round again and loosely tie the ribbon to double check it will be in the centre of your parcel once tied tightly!


Secure with tape, trim and voila!


Now for a little added extra, I found these bells in Paperchase for £4.50 for 72 bells.


What I've been doing with them is tying them to little bits of silver string and attaching them to my presents so they jingle a little!


Like so..


Then I finish with a bow on top and that's me pretty much done!


I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I wrap my presents and if you have any tips then do post below!


I'll be back tomorrow but until then, have a lovely day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik