Tuesday 16 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY SIXTEEN // Mince Pie Recipe!

Hi guys, today's Blogmas post is a little Mince Pie recipe for you, which is partly of my own making and partly inspired by Paul Hollywood's (from Great British Bake Off) recipe that I will link here x. I love mince pies and these were so easy to make that I thought I would share them with you all!

Mince Pies (makes 12 with left over mincemeat!)

You will need; 
- One packet of ready to roll pasty
- 700g of mincemeat
- an apple
- an orange
- the zest of one lemon

First off I pre-heated the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, then I chopped up the fruit and grated the lemon to get the zest.


I then chucked my fruit in with my ready prepared mincemeat, which I will link a recipe for here x. or you can buy your own!


Once combined, it should look a little like this!


I then used a cookie cutter that was roughly 3 inches in diameter wide to cut out the base of my mince pies- however if I was recreating the recipe I would try to find something a little bigger! 


The reason I would look for something bigger can be seen below as my cases didn't quite fill up the baking tray I placed them into. It's best to grease your baking tray before hand too to avoid sticking!


I then scooped in roughly a tablespoon and a half of my mincemeat and fruit mixture into the cases.


I then used a star-shaped cutter to remove some stars for the top, however you could easily just cut out rounds and seal the mixture in all together, or even do a lattice effect. The choice is yours!


I then brushed a lightly beaten egg mixture over the tops of the mince pies and sprinkled cinnamon and granulated sugar over everything too!


There is the finished product, a little rough around the edges but delicious none-the-less!

I hope you liked this little recipe, I'll be back tomorrow with two whole posts for you- ooooh! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik