Saturday 6 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY SIX // Festive Room Decor

Hi guys, I'm actually queueing this post as I am actually at Usher Hall in Edinburgh this evening seeing Ben Howard which I'm sure will be amazing, but I thought I'd use this opportunity to show you a little bit of what my room looks like now the festive season has truly commenced! 

This post is going to be mainly picture related but if I know where anything came from I'll be sure to give you links! My only disclaimer is that as I don't have a professional camera (Hint, Hint Santa!) these are not particularly high photos, that said - let's take a little look inside my own little grotto!


First off, every room needs a tree and I actually really love the slightly bizarre metal contraption I have- it came from a friend of my Gran's years ago and whilst it's a little out of the ordinary, it looks really cool with the candle light flickering and it sheds considerably less needles than a normal tree! The candle holder to the far left, without a candle, was actually made by yours truly at Brownies/Guides many moons ago too, before any creative influence in me died and curled up in a small ball alongside my desire to play sport!


This tea-light holder is also an ex-Brownie craft, however I do remember how to do this- so you may well see a DIY in the near future!


Moving round the room, the incredibly rubbish fairy lights around my mirror are from Poundland, the 'Love' sign above is last year's Dunelm Mill (similar here x) and no grotto would be complete without a Frozen advent calendar from M+S. Classic.


Spinning round again, I keep my Polagram polaroid prints (I'll link my post explain how I made them here x) stuck to the wall above my bed and they have been adorned with Homebase's finest fairy lights, linked x. These actually look lovely and may well become a year round feature!


Panning back a little, you'll see that hanging from the slanting roof above my bed are a bunch of different baubles, these are very very old Paperchase sets, but they have something similar here x.


Ooh, fancy angles, very smart. (I banged my head on the roof taking this.)


I've also hung a thin piece of silver string along the 'feature wall' of my room which will hold any and all Christmas cards I receive, like the one above!


My little jewellery and make-up holder has been topped with a bit of red fabric, a wine holder Postbox, a 'paint your own' snowman and a tiny little snow covered house ornament. As you can tell my décor didn't break the bank, it's all about the thought!


There you have a slightly zoomed out view of my little room, complete with Next bedsheets x and my laptop, which spends more time on my bed than I do, which is hard to believe! 

I hope you guys enjoyed seeing how I decorated my own little corner of the universe, and if any of you have suggestions then feel free to comment below! Until tomorrow, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik